+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gibbs in on 4 year deal

Gibbs in on 4 year deal

Undisclosed fee again but talksport saying 12/13m.

I hate undisclosed fees!

No way we would pay that much when we backed out after £10,000,000 was refused. Talk is its closer to £7 million which is more like what we would pay normally. So we appear to have got a good deal by waiting our time, even if we fans get frustrated at the time it takes for us to complete deals.

I don't believe it is 12/13m either, or why wait for deadline eve to do it.

The same talksport have now lowered the "estimate" to 10m.

Daily star and express and star on newsnow reporting 7m.

Whereas yesterday posters were saying 5m.

A bit transparency is not a lot to ask for.

If, gibbs and jrod can perform like they have in the past, and given their age this is supposed to be their prime time, we could have 3 England players (4 if fozzie hasn't retired) in next summer's wc squad.

Couldn't ever have dreamt that, let alone commit to word that possibility whilst watching us get beat at halifax in the cup.

Why so cheap?
    Is an injury liability?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Why so cheap?
    Is an injury liability?
    Same questions I'm asking myself Dubs, I'm not getting too carried away until I know, or more importantly, see more.

I'd be interested to know what personal terms he couldn't agree with Watford, maybe a deal based on games played perhaps?

***Gibbs, who made his debut for Arsenal in 2007, lost his first-team place to Nacho Monreal last season when he made just eight Premier League starts and, having missed the pre-season tour to the Far East, has yet to feature this season.***
    I do hope he has done a pre season though!!!
    It would be an awful shame if he isn't up to game speed!!

Poor chap has been hampered by injury all his career.

Was deemed a world beater from what I recall when he first broke through.

Arsenal seem to get a lot of injuries.

Hopefully our methods and medical team can help him stay fit.

Anyway welcome to the baggies Mr gibbs and I hope you have a great, injury free, career with us.

At this rate Baggieal might start eating Chinese food again!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)