+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reserves/academy games

Doncaster v Reserves Tues 19th Sept KO 2pm at Donny training ground, cantley park, DN4 6HE off Ascot Avenue

Don't know if there's a entry fee

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Doncaster v Reserves Tues 19th Sept KO 2pm at Donny training ground, cantley park, DN4 6HE off Ascot Avenue

Don't know if there's a entry fee
    Good chance for Warney to give JCH, Bray, Forde, O'Donnell, etc some match time... and give JCH the order to bang in some goals... unfortunately, it doesn't sound like David Ball will be fit enough to play

By the way - anybody know if Kuda Muskwe is still with us/ out on loan, or what? No mention of him for quite a whlle

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    By the way - anybody know if Kuda Muskwe is still with us/ out on loan, or what? No mention of him for quite a whlle
    Last I heard he was out on loan but generally they are monthly so could be back

Reserves v Grimsby Wednesday 4th, KO 2pm at Roundwood

Can't see many if any first teamers in this game

No you're right, it's the young lads squad. Lots of effort but no skill. Like watching a sunday league game of the dog and duck.

Their left back (trialist) looks useful and he looks familiar for some reason, but I can't place him.

I think the time has come to give Muskwe a place on the subs bench in place of JCH

Isn't that bailey king lad playing who gwru wants us to get back. 😘

Finished 1.0. Kayode with the winner

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Finished 1.0. Kayode with the winner
    Match was played on the training pitch, not in the main ground. Fans were only allowed onto a strip along the touchline about two-thirds the length of the lower side, which is likely to be very muddy in winter. Even though the ground is banked up behind the far end and down the other side, amazingly (and annoyingly), fans were not allowed to stand on those areas, where they would get a better view. No seats, no terracing, no shelter, no tea bar. The weather took a turn for the worst, so I decided to head back before the end of the match

A rather scrappy game with the wind gustiing across the pitch, and blowing the rain into our faces.
    Bilboe did well to keep a clean sheet, making some point-blank saves. Muskwe, as usual, put a good shift in, although didn't really look like scoring. Due to loan arrangements I think that Muskwe, Bailey-King and Warren are not allowed to participate in RUFC first team fixtures

Had a look through the window into the weight training gym - it looked quite good. Poor ground facilities for us fans now though!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 04-10-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Don't think that's the case Mike as all three went on 1 month loans.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast