+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Transfer deadline day

Not even gonna click that, man

.. Nearly as good as Jack Colback ..

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Not even gonna click that, man

Quote Originally Posted by Nephy View Post
    I can't get excited about the final days of transfer windows any more, because time and again we've expected big things and in the end we've made last minute sales but not signings.

I'd like to see 3 in, and feel we need a new number 9 and 10, but realistically I expect 1 new permanent signing, then perhaps 1 or 2 loans.

Worst case scenario? I honestly would not be surprised if we sold Gayle at the 11th hour and didn't buy a replacement, then got someone like Remy in on loan to 'replace' him.
    Can't believe that it was actually worse in the end than I predicted, and I was being wilfully pessimistic due to the way past deadline days under Ashley have gone At least we didn't sell Gayle with no replacement, but I reckon if Fulham had offered £18m we would've sold him too. This window looks less like building a squad than it does asset stripping!

There's no other way to describe it. the transfer window was another damp squib...especially for us.
    We hang on and wait for something and we get fed a snippet, then let down.

I'd rather Charnley and Rafa come out early and tell us all that the chances of us signing a player will be virtually nil so not to build up any hopes.
    Obviously that would never happen because we are all geared to be kept in suspense.

Never mind though. We have what we have and we have to see what transpires till January before we go through it all again.
    Hopefully in a good light whilst we're sitting in the top ten or something or really over-achieving.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)