+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Building a good squad

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Tuesday 26th September, away. So 5 games time, by which time we should have a much clearer picture of how we're going, and whether they're genuine contenders or not.
    From what I have already seen I would say we are top 6 contenders..5 games time will tell us if we are top 2 contenders.

That is how I see it and I am always right.

Aren't I lads

Can't believe no one has given oldwhitetaff the usual welcome

Well let the Rev be the first

Welcome to the board oldwhitetaff..now f*ck off you trialist c*nt !

MOT ALAW

Beating Forest and Sunderland away was what I think has opened up many peoples eyes. Yes we drew are first two home games but the team needed time to gel so I'm not to worried about that as we remain unbeaten and it seems we can get goals from a lot of different players than seasons past.

Some of the players from last year looks like they have improved especially Cooper, Dallas, O'Kane and Phillips. Roofe has come on as well after a year to settling in two leagues higher. Ayling is carrying on the form he showed us last season. We haven't seen much of Viera yet and I'm looking forward to that.

Shaughnessy has impressed some except of course that penalty he gave away, but looks like he can push the others for a spot if we have a few injuries/suspensions at the back. And that is the one factor where I think we have most improved. Our squad looks more versatile and there is more competition within the team to be picked for the match day squad, plus we have cover in all areas of the pitch.

Like most people I have spoken too, the most stand out players are Alioski and Saiz. I like the way they play and read the game Pretty sure there is more too come from them and hopefully the other new signings.

Think the team looks more balanced this season and I'm loving the attack minded play of the games. Well done to TC and his team.

Hats off as well to the management and owner. Getting ER back and from what I can see, building for the future of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    Beating Forest and Sunderland away was what I think has opened up many peoples eyes. Yes we drew are first two home games but the team needed time to gel so I'm not to worried about that as we remain unbeaten and it seems we can get goals from a lot of different players than seasons past.

Some of the players from last year looks like they have improved especially Cooper, Dallas, O'Kane and Phillips. Roofe has come on as well after a year to settling in two leagues higher. Ayling is carrying on the form he showed us last season. We haven't seen much of Viera yet and I'm looking forward to that.

Shaughnessy has impressed some except of course that penalty he gave away, but looks like he can push the others for a spot if we have a few injuries/suspensions at the back. And that is the one factor where I think we have most improved. Our squad looks more versatile and there is more competition within the team to be picked for the match day squad, plus we have cover in all areas of the pitch.

Like most people I have spoken too, the most stand out players are Alioski and Saiz. I like the way they play and read the game Pretty sure there is more too come from them and hopefully the other new signings.

Think the team looks more balanced this season and I'm loving the attack minded play of the games. Well done to TC and his team.

Hats off as well to the management and owner. Getting ER back and from what I can see, building for the future of the club.

Good post mate - well balanced.
    Looks like while getting a little excited about current performances - no one seems to be getting too carried away, best bet if you ask me - no egg on face or pie eating necessary........

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    From what I have already seen I would say we are top 6 contenders..5 games time will tell us if we are top 2 contenders.

That is how I see it and I am always right.

Aren't I lads

Top 1 contenders Rev, say it how it is ffs!

I've a really good feeling about this season

Quote Originally Posted by espaņablanco73 View Post
    Top 1 contenders Rev, say it how it is ffs!
    Was going to BB but thought it was a little too positive.

unbeaten, some time off to bed in the new lads, and a couple of banker home games coming up, sets the season up nicely imo, can see us in and around top spot all season. Not sure what the doomsayers will think about that, maybe we can complain about ticket prices, parking, the pies or the colour of the bog roll instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Can't believe no one has given oldwhitetaff the usual welcome

Well let the Rev be the first

Welcome to the board oldwhitetaff..now f*ck off you trialist c*nt !

MOT ALAW
    Haha F*ck off the lot of you

So, back to the point, I really can't wait for the Burton game, and if we beat them with a convincing performance then the expectation level will ratchet up another notch. I just hope TC and the team can keep their feet on the ground in that sort of pressure cooker. But from what I've seen of him so far I think he's got the right temperament, and one advantage the foreign boys do have is that they've all played at the top level in other European leagues. So with any luck we won't have that to worry about either

I try to keep a even keel, on when we win or lose, this season has started with a buzz about the whole place. To me and I dare say many, many LEEDS fans it's not just about winning/losing but more importantly IMO .....how we win and how we lose. Early doors yes but we seem to be winning games as a team, we are getting a good balance, the players we have (so far) seem to give a Schitt, the ones that don't are out the door......

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)