+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Building a good squad

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    I think there's a lot of in-built pessimism after so many years of disappointment, it's kind of hard to really believe this might be a genuine upturn in fortune. Yes we've had a great start, and yes our signings look the best we've had for many a long year, but in this league you're only ever a handful of results away from sliding back down the table, and Burton at home is just the sort of banana skin that might trip us up........

Ohhh No.....

Is this new member really a new member - or just a "Member"?
    WTF11 looks likely to have an ally....

No just an old timer who's been beaten down a bit.... (and I'm not entirely new round here, was previously Old White Turning but couldn't find an easy way to change my nickname so started again). But like I say, having seen us play as well as I can remember for a long long time at Forest, there's definitely cautious optimism, and I really hope this is our year, but 5 games doesn't make a definitive statement one way or the other. If we're still up there in the top two or three by mid-November then yes, I'll really start to believe (especially if it's due to us continuing to play the type of football we saw at Forest and Sunderland).

I think there's a lot of in-built pessimism after so many years of disappointment, it's kind of hard to really believe this might be a genuine upturn in fortune. Yes we've had a great start, and yes our signings look the best we've had for many a long year, but in this league you're only ever a handful of results away from sliding back down the table, and Burton at home is just the sort of banana skin that might trip us up........
    We're Leeds fans so I can live with "this is too good to be true/it can't last" attitude. It's the constant sniping and coming down against the club with many decisions and this despite the massive investment in ground, youth, 1st team, scouting, backroom staff. e.g : Green/Monk leaving.... without knowing the conversations or events that led up to either going, had to be the clubs fault. Just because Monk overall exceeded expectations and Green played well last season at times the club don't have to fawn all over them. The bar was clearly being raised for this season and change was afoot, maybe both had their heads turned.

And if we side with old misery's view that it was the clubs fault.... It wouldn't be the first or last time that a club intent on improving have cleared the decks for what they perceive better options. You only have to look at Chelsea and say Watford who have made tough decisions.

I don't believe this has happened, I believe both Green and Monk were given the chance to stay.

No just an old timer who's been beaten down a bit.... (and I'm not entirely new round here, was previously Old White Turning but couldn't find an easy way to change my nickname so started again). But like I say, having seen us play as well as I can remember for a long long time at Forest, there's definitely cautious optimism, and I really hope this is our year, but 5 games doesn't make a definitive statement one way or the other. If we're still up there in the top two or three by mid-November then yes, I'll really start to believe (especially if it's due to us continuing to play the type of football we saw at Forest and Sunderland).
    Glad to here it "Old timer" just that we seem to get quite a few bods appearing on here from time to time purporting to be genuine Leeds fans - who gradually turn out to be trolls, so gad to hear it doesn't apply - welcome aboard matey!

Get your positive head on and enjoy the ride!
    Last edited by Tichi1; 01-09-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Will be interesting to see how Cardiff do when they lose, also when do we play Cardiff?

Tuesday 26th September, away. So 5 games time, by which time we should have a much clearer picture of how we're going, and whether they're genuine contenders or not.

Tuesday 26th September, away. So 5 games time, by which time we should have a much clearer picture of how we're going, and whether they're genuine contenders or not.
    Hmm. The jury could be out on you, old timer.

Howso ? Like I've already said, things right now are looking better than they have for a very long time, at every level, and yes i couldn't agree more that we've started excellently, but I'm not one of those that go overboard every time we win a game, and neither do I start shouting sack the manager/board/players every time we lose a few.........

Dont you be coming on here with your sensible opinions ffs!

haha yes, I need to get a grip !!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)