+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Dog problem.

O/T Dog problem.

My dog has knackered his leg (cruciate)
    He is nearly 2 year old. .7stone and goes out 3 to 4 times a day. Vet says to keep him in in his cage to rest for weeks.

He would go fkn mental. And do more damage.
    So its catch 22 .
    What would you dog owners do ?

1 I wouldn't take him for a walk
    2 I'd keep him in cage in front room or where ever you spend most of your day
    3 I'd book first week off to be with dog just incase he hurt himself or get someone to watch him
    4 I wouldn't even leave his side at night. You may think I'm going over the top but have I brought my dog home she almost died in middle of night due to poor stitching from vet.

5 I'd sit next to the cage to reassure the dog it's gonna be ok

Second week all depends how energetic your dog usaly is mine is about as energetic as a dead rechargeable battery that struggles to hold any charge all she does is sleep eat and walk and a bit of play but not much since she's a lazy cow.

If he's like my dog and sleeps anyway take him out but keep him in one room. If he runs around hyper it's best to keep to vets advice.

It will be hard on you both

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    My dog has knackered his leg (cruciate)
    He is nearly 2 year old. .7stone and goes out 3 to 4 times a day. Vet says to keep him in in his cage to rest for weeks.

He would go fkn mental. And do more damage.
    So its catch 22 .
    What would you dog owners do ?

Get Warne to put him on the subs bench, he's fitter than most

Having a shepherd which was diagnosed with hip displacia and shot knees at 10 month old we were told. Compleat rest for 3 week following Only lead walk for ever..
    We decided to get in contact with
    http://m.splashy-pups-hydrotherapy.co.uk
    She lived at Darnell at the time.. dog gets the exercise without the weight pushing on the joints.
    My dog loved it
    She puts a lift jacked on the dog with a handle on the back so she can steer the dog around the tank/pool
    She showers and drys the dog afterwards
    Not cheap but dogs aren't

Btw my shepherd is now 11. stiff some days though she still can outrun our Northern Inuit

Trouble is he is a cross between two nutters
    But friendly ones. He's like a ball of energy.
    A cage is a no no. He goes in it for a bit of piece sometimes.
    A Rotti/sharpei. Needs to be out.
    Last edited by crashbang; 30-08-2017 at 07:10 PM.