+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Deadline Day Thread...

How times have changed from talk last year of bidding for Gregory at 1.5m to now having to scour the free transfer and loan market

A massive come down. Where did it all go wrong? It's been one bad decision and piece of bad luck after another..

He can't get in Bury's side but he's alright for us? His career is on a downward spiral, so he should fit in well!

With Rotherham having signed goalkeeper Marek Rodak from Fulham yesterday, there is a chance that one of their existing keepers - Richard O’Donnell, Lewis Price and Laurence Bilboe - could leave.

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/footb...pril-1-8730644

The best thing that could happen for me is that Bilboe goes out on loan and gets some first team games under his belt. I'm a bit annoyed that we've taken a prospect from another club and put him above our own prospect!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    With Rotherham having signed goalkeeper Marek Rodak from Fulham yesterday, there is a chance that one of their existing keepers - Richard O’Donnell, Lewis Price and Laurence Bilboe - could leave.

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/footb...pril-1-8730644

The best thing that could happen for me is that Bilboe goes out on loan and gets some first team games under his belt. I'm a bit annoyed that we've taken a prospect from another club and put him above our own prospect!

Tend to agree with that Frog but Warne thinks he's a good keeper (his type) brave and aggressive , so must think Bilboe isn't , need him out on loan or his career will go down hill.

I was hoping Price was the one leaving and we got a new placement but with the young loan keeper then how can that happen?

Still we have January
    Last edited by millertop; 31-08-2017 at 12:22 PM.

People seem to be dismissing the fact that Rodak might be the first choice keeper from now on.
    It wouldn't surprise me because O'Donnell has been distinctly average so far this season.

Problem is bilboe has to have game time to be judged if he's ready or not but we don't seem to find people to loan out too

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news lads but there aint no money. No dinero. We are skint. There will be no notable signings only cast offs, injury prone veterans or after deadline day, loanees of the less than average quality.

I wager Ward's money was used to pay off Blackstock and doesn't form part of the top 4 budget.

But let's wait until after 10 games to make any sound judgements ...........................................

I'd say 10 is too early Pete. At least half a season to see where things are going.

I posted earlier that a one year contract isn't too much to pay off and that may well happen as I'm sure Stewart won't want to see us back in the old 4th division if things don't pan out okay. Too early to judge yet like you say.

I can't recall what the reaction on here was when we signed Proctor but I think a few moaned about him being a cheap option at 75K and he didn't do too bad until his unfotunate and horrific injury.

Don't get too excited today. I'm going for 1 in 2 out. No midfielder either

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast