+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "New Ground"

I don't think this will ever happen would be supprised to see a shopping outlet on the old brewery site ,replace the old west stand ? Aberdeen are building a 7000 seater stand very similar to ours east stand 12 million quid , I would sooner spend it on the players

10k cos ivvrybugga sez the not guin ennymooar

Just don't envisage the chinese leaving the West Stand as it is today , assuming we remain at Oakwell .

An historic old stand that we are fond of is a ramshackle shed to our prospective new owners .

They are in corporate hospitality and our old lady is hardly a glowing testament for their business is it .

I expect it will be flattened at the end of the season and replaced with show case facilities for the corporate brigade .

Mind you if Mr Lee is charging them top dollar and making money then who am I to argue .

No more outdoor pee,
    Make more yen for Mr Lee.

Tekkin p iss nar SB some no likey !!

Never heard owt as daft in mi life Barnsley leaving Oakwell for a place on the outskirts of town, there's no place big enough for a start, and Oakwell as the best facilities than any other club in Yorkshire training grounds, car park's etc. and it would cost to much that's if a place could be found, it's because of the ground and it's great facilities( thanks to Mr Denis and his team in the past) that our take over is about to take place not the team these China men could buy any team, let's just hope this take over go's ahead other wise we'll never go forward an reach the promised land.

The times they are a changing Mr C.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The times they are a changing Mr C.
    Confucius he say sumbody sung that.

Dunt think that new scoreboards going to cut much ice with the china man either , he's probably got a bigger tele at hoome .

Expect a massive all singing all dancing number straight from a Beijing supplier .

Think we'll be getting sum a them flashy perimeter advertising things that change to different companies every two minutes n all .

These lads are going to want as much exposure as they can get which is the whole point of em buying club .

FFS !!!
    I've got it on good authority we are planning a ground share with Colchester.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast