+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Notts County have agreed a deal for #QPR winger Michael Petrasso

One of my favourite players of recent years...pace/skill/and an eye for goal.
    I was there when from 2-0 against Barnsley this young lad scored two great goals that helped Notts to an unlikely win.
    Been monitoring his career at QPR and for whatever reason he can't get in the first team, but plays for Canada on a regular basis!
    Love the player and he reminds me of Aidey Thorpe who used to play for us.
    Hope this rumour is true as I think he would do well at Notts if played on a regular basis.

It's absolutely made up Posty

Been training with the club all week.Maybe QPR are giving him a "Free" for him to move on.If so,can still be signed.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Been training with the club all week.Maybe QPR are giving him a "Free" for him to move on.If so,can still be signed.
    If he is playing for Canada tomorrow shouldn't he have been training with them all week and not us ?

This transfer window now closed rule has puzzled me for a while, irishpete. Does it mean if any player is released from his club after the window shuts he cannot sign for another and is therefore unemployed?

Quote Originally Posted by laxtonlad View Post
    what we really, really want is a striker about 9 feet tall who can jump 6 feet to intercept the 30 or 40 "passes" forward.
    About right!
    Last edited by seriouspie; 01-09-2017 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    This transfer window now closed rule has puzzled me for a while, irishpete. Does it mean if any player is released from his club after the window shuts he cannot sign for another and is therefore unemployed?
    Not 100% sure. As you know the media will say XYZ can sign as he is a free agent, but whether that you have to be "Free"before the window closes I'm not sure.Someone will clarify.

Not 100% sure. As you know the media will say XYZ can sign as he is a free agent, but whether that you have to be "Free"before the window closes I'm not sure.Someone will clarify.
    I thought it was standard for contracts to run to the beginning of a window and clubs had to let the player know within a short period of that whether the contract would be renewed or not so the above situation doesn't arise. Players become free agents if contracts are not renewed well before the window closes.

There's a separate window for free transfers (as in signing a "free agent"), a club can choose to release a player at any time if the player agrees to it, which, if a deal was lined up for him to go elsewhere it would obviously benefit him.

Don't post much, but was quite excited about this potential signing, enjoyed his appearances first time round but there's has not been a Notts county team in such a false position since our last trip to Wembley in 1996.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast