+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missed another one

Don't care if he is a cheque book manager. He buys good players.

Because he can't coach bad ones. Imagine the wholesale changes he would want to make to our team. We have the nucleus of a good squad but they need coaching right

Clark was not very good but said he learned more from Rafa in a month than he had learned in 6 years at Villa. Rafa has won wherever he's been picking up trophies along the way.

I'm not his biggest fan either as he plays players out of position, but it worked with Gerrard. He is a huge upgrade on Bruce.

Sorry stateside I can't agree. In the 6 years at villa Clark had about a dozen manager changes for a start. Rafa plays players out of position yes and rotates needlessly. The best erase for us for a long time was under a coach that was a great man manager and he used only his selected and trusted 15 or so players. I'm not mentioning his name so bongo doesn't wet his knickers.

This is what the best manager in the world thinks of Rafael benitez:

"He goes into a club and wins a trophy and claims it as victory where the work was done by someone else. He collects other managers trophies and parades them as if he is anything like siccessful".

I agree with José

Last season Newscastke were considerably stronger than Villa. Like Sam said it wasn't his team and it was keeping the likes of Shelvey and Gayle that did it.

Actually Bongo has hit the nail on he head about man management. Rafa is moaning that he had no additions and that will be his excuse for sure when he leaves or Newcastle struggle with relegation. I don't know what or why premier league managers seem to have a problem playing Dwight Gayle. It was the same at palace. When the lad plays he scores.

He is the only one from Newcastle I'd want at the villa right now

Rafa bought Gayle!!

He spurned the chance to get McCormack and went for Gayle instead.

He bought him with a cheque from his cheque-book because he is a cheque- book manager. Used him to get promoted and then instead of sticking with him and developing the player in the prem he gets arsey at not being able to replace him.

Because he is a level two player. We will have to do the same when we get promoted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)