+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate our window

It's a 3 for me, very concerned about injuries without decent cover, we could go t!ts up very quickly.

I'm Done Can't be arsed with another Relegation battle after Rafa leaves tomorrow. Am i surprised we signed NO ONE? nah am i F*ck. apparently we can't compete with Huddersfield and Brighton. FECKING HILARIOUS.

4. It could have been a 7/8 if we'd just got a proper left back (Praet/Gibbs) striker (Bony/or other to guarantee goals) and McCarthy to push Shelvey. But no its the Ashley and Charnley show again. Rafas got the ammo to savage the feckers now.

4 but i'm closer to 3 than 5 (as someone else said)

I'm pleased with who we've got. I'm also pleased with vast majority who we've shifted.

However we've yet again been let down in getting managers targets, leaving us woefully thin in key places that everyman and his dog knows were thin in.

Any club will say - wind shelvey/mitro up and what can we do, **** all because we have nobody really to challenge their position.

Going to be long hard run.

As i said earlier in window. I'd take finishing 17th as a guarantee now.

Basically we have cleared the wage bill down, been left with a few bob in the bank and a very strong Championship squad.

Given the gap in quality we had to try and bridge, and what we have actually brought in, I'd give the window a 2 or 3.

Ok, so....maybe I'm back down to a 4.

1/10. Absolute disgrace. The only positives are that Riviere has gone and the players we did bring in are decent lads. However, this is massively outweighed by the fact that we simply do not have the squad to survive and mark my words, Rafa will be gone very soon and no decent manager will step into the mess he'll be washing his hands of. It's a disgrace that our last minute business was loaning out Krul to a team who are potentially relegation rivals, and offloading Lazaar at a time when we have no other fit recognised left back. Absolutely unbelievable! I now feel like we could actually do with players like Anita, heck, even Thauvin could have been pressed into service. Rafa let those kind of players go because he thought we'd replace them. He will be fuming tonight. I wouldn't be surprised to hear he's resigned tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephy View Post
    He will be fuming tonight. I wouldn't be surprised to hear he's resigned tomorrow.
    He will and rightly so.

I don't think he'll resign but like you it wouldn't surprise me at this stage.

Shocking window I'm not even overjoyed with the 'mayjor' signings we've made. Yeah they looked decent first few games. 3of which we've been beat.But I think new signings are always going to look good when first playing for a team just off extra energy alone. Let's see how good they look when things start going to **** because we simply have not added enough depth or talent. Everyone praising getting rid of De Jong and Rivière. I'd rather the pair still be at the fu(king club bleeding a wage out of Ashley cause let's face it he's made money on them and not reinvested shock. Plus if De Jong is fit he'd be a good larker hell of a lot better than Colback, Saivet and Diame who are all still at the club. I'd give it a 1

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)