+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate our window

Rate our window

So...here's the current list of ins and outs from NUFC.com

Inbound:
    Christian Atsu bought
    Florian Lejeune bought
    Jacob Murphy bought
    Javier Manquillo bought
    Mikel Merino loaned (with option to buy)
    Joselu bought

Outbound:
    Vurnon Anita released
    Sammy Ameobi released
    Yoan Gouffran released
    Haris Vuckic released
    Lubo Satka released
    Florian Thauvin sold
    Kevin Mbabu sold
    Matz Sels loaned
    Adam Armstrong loaned
    Daryl Murphy sold
    Ivan Toney loaned
    Emmanuel Riviere released
    Siem De Jong sold
    Grant Hanley sold

I'd rather have added Colback and Saivet to the 'out' list too and the less said about the omissions from the 'ins' list, the better.

As for the actual 'ins' I'm happy with Lejeune and Merino; given the way he's started and the need to grow a sqaud then signing Atsu looks ok. I honestly don't know enough about Murphy and whilst the mackems swear that Manquillo was utter shte for them he's proved to be ok-ish cover thus far. Joselu looked decent the other day too.

Our lack of a proper LB, a creative player for the next time Shelvey fucks up or a striker to take the weight off Gayle-both physically and, it would appear now, mentally-is going to come back and bite us on the arse, imo.

As for the released list, Mbabu seemed a very strange one and I would have kept Vurn rather than buy Manquillo. De Jong, too, although all the negatives that have been pointed out about him mean I'm less bothered than I was.

So, I reckon out of 10?......... 4 (I was going to give a 5 but.....ah, i dunno. We should have done so much better. Maybe a 5?

Over to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Inbound:
    Christian Atsu bought
    Florian Lejeune bought
    Jacob Murphy bought
    Javier Manquillo bought
    Joselu bought

Outbound:
    Vurnon Anita released
    Sammy Ameobi released
    Yoan Gouffran released
    Haris Vuckic released
    Lubo Satka released
    Florian Thauvin sold
    Kevin Mbabu sold
    Matz Sels loaned
    Adam Armstrong loaned
    Daryl Murphy sold
    Ivan Toney loaned
    Siem De Jong sold
    Grant Hanley sold

I'd rather have added Colback and Saivet to the 'out' list too and the less said about the omissions from the 'ins' list, the better.

As for the actual 'ins' I'm happy with Lejeune and Merino; given the way he's started and the need to grow a sqaud then signing Atsu looks ok. I honestly don't know enough about Murphy and whilst the mackems swear that Manquillo was utter shte for them he's proved to be ok-ish cover thus far. Joselu looked decent the other day too.

Our lack of a proper LB, a creative player for the next time Shelvey fucks up or a striker to take the weight off Gayle-both physically and, it would appear now, mentally-is going to come back and bite us on the arse, imo.

As for the released list, Mbabu seemed a very strange one and I would have kept Vurn rather than buy Manquillo. De Jong, too, although all the negatives that have been pointed out about him mean I'm less bothered than I was.

So, I reckon out of 10?......... 4 (I was going to give a 5 but.....ah, i dunno. We should have done so much better. Maybe a 5?

Over to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufc24Mag View Post
    That's a minus 7 btw

we've spent the last 3 or 4 weeks being told deals are lined up, but we can only bring them in if we shift some out 1st.

I've believed for the past month that transfer fees were not really a problem, but the wage bill and lack of empty pegs on the dressing room wall, were the main concern.

so, in this past week or so Riviere, De Jong, Krul, Hanley and Lazaar have all left........

still Phuck all!!!

I can only give the window a 3 out of 10. (2 of that is for finally shifting Riviere)

I can agree on a 4.

I'm closer to 3 than 5...

Instead of giving a number i'll just say 'potentially fatal'

if a 5 is "neither satisfied or dissatisfied

then i have to anywhere between 2 and 4 inclusive.

I'm pretty happy with what I've seen of the players we have brought in so far - particularly merino, lejeaun and joselu, plus I think Murphy will come good too in time.... but there are some glaring omissions for certain positions that will more than likely copme to haunt us over the next few months.

Oh, I'm definitely thinking a 5 is 'not satisfied' cos I'm definitely not.

I'm trying to focus on the signings we have made...because there's nowt we can do about it until January and the West Ham game brought a lot of positivity back so i reckon I'm just trying to hang on to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Inbound:
    Christian Atsu bought
    Florian Lejeune bought
    Jacob Murphy bought
    Javier Manquillo bought
    Joselu bought

Outbound:
    Vurnon Anita released
    Sammy Ameobi released
    Yoan Gouffran released
    Haris Vuckic released
    Lubo Satka released
    Florian Thauvin sold
    Kevin Mbabu sold
    Matz Sels loaned
    Adam Armstrong loaned
    Daryl Murphy sold
    Ivan Toney loaned
    Siem De Jong sold
    Grant Hanley sold

Over to you.
    Players wise
    3 decent players in:
    Florian Lejeune bought
    Joselu bought

These lads improve us a great deal in terms of professionalism and stability. Mentality is a big factor in football and all 3 are calm down to earth characters.

Christian Atsu bought

This lad was ok last year and seems to have improved this year. Hope he continues to get better and better.

Getting all the players off the wage bill is huge. Foolishly we have some dross like Colback on silly money and not being able to move the likes of him due to the his unrealistic wages point to the real issue with the club & the clubs performance in the transfer market for the last 10 yrs.

When we were gonna go down and we brought in 6 french players it was just throwing sh!t at the wall to see what sticks. It worked, just about, that time. However Fat man and his cronies have left Rafa in a difficult situation. He is more than capable of keeping the club in the Prem with the threadbare squad we have so long as those new boys stay fit for the most part.

Rafa's player selection - I give a 6.5
    He can attract many top quality players with the right backing. Sadly that backing is simply not there.

The clubs & fatman's comments - 0
    A liar, a fraud - essentially 'not a right and proper person' to run such an important sporting institution. Ashley is enjoying free advertising making a fortune from the club. He doesn't care if the club is in the prem or the Championship because matches are televised to the whole UK - Sports Direct is a UK based company so what does he care which league we are in, if we are having cup runs or in a European competition?

The people of Newcastle really should attempt to buy the club by means of a financial syndicate. Much like the Glazers buying ManU by leveraging their revenue streams and profitability even 400m should the NUFC remain in the Prem for the next 5 yrs that debt could easily be paid off.

I think it's time for the Geordie nation to move forward and reclaim our castle, reclaim our cathedral and reclaim our birthright.

DISASTER ...

I was half agreeing with Pboro over the summer but didn't wanna jump in .But FOK me man ...absolute fat ****ing *******. Just when the buzz was back ,you could feel it around town ,I can only imagine what it's gonna be like now..

I can see Rafa walk very very soon now .And then BANG that trouble will surely start then

Here we go again ..

I just hope to **** he is clearing the boards for a sale.But I won't hold ne breath ffs

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)