+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Geriatric Forwards until Jan at least

Geriatric Forwards until Jan at least

So apparently we aren't expecting any one in today. Nice to know we have a forward line that is young and full of energy...

Will this decision bite Nolan on the arse and cost him his job?

In my opionion.. NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmypieback View Post
    So apparently we aren't expecting any one in today. Nice to know we have a forward line that is young and full of energy...

Not KN's fault is it. He will have been looking for improvements in the positions we need improvement in. Although if things go tits up because of a lack of WOW players KN will carry the can, it is AH who gives the yes/no to new signings. Now I fully appreciate the possibility that we are cash strapped what I don't get is any available ££ not being pumped into the team? His money though (just like it was RT's, he didn't get any stick either did he).

Have a bit of respect for them please, perhaps there's no one available that fits the bill? Have faith, I don't think we are doing to bad at the moment. Perhaps xmas willl be the right time to strengthen and move forward? Am I right in thinking the loan window stays open??

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Not KN's fault is it. He will have been looking for improvements in the positions we need improvement in. Although if things go tits up because of a lack of WOW players KN will carry the can, it is AH who gives the yes/no to new signings. Now I fully appreciate the possibility that we are cash strapped what I don't get is any available ££ not being pumped into the team? His money though (just like it was RT's, he didn't get any stick either did he).
    AH is seeing that if we'd won last Friday we'd have been top and so no need for additional signings at the moment. He seems to be missing on why we didn't win last Friday but as you say, it's his money

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    AH is seeing that if we'd won last Friday we'd have been top and so no need for additional signings at the moment. He seems to be missing on why we didn't win last Friday but as you say, it's his money

Personally I am quite happy where we are at the moment. Nod,nod,nod

Im not gonna loose a lot of sleep if nobody comes in before the window closes tonight, just looking at some of the league 2 clubs it just looks like they are signing players just for the sake of it, ok we need a couple more players but they were probably going to be loans anyway so doesn't that window open up directly after? or was that scrapped?

Loan window closes tonight too I believe

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Have a bit of respect for them please, perhaps there's no one available that fits the bill? Have faith, I don't think we are doing to bad at the moment. Perhaps xmas willl be the right time to strengthen and move forward? Am I right in thinking the loan window stays open??
    That's the whole point - there are no signings possible now until January. We're definitely a few players short of challenging for promotion, I think - and that's assuming we keep everyone fit. We also start playing three games a week soon, too - what are we going to do with our geriatric forward line then?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    That's the whole point - there are no signings possible now until January. We're definitely a few players short of challenging for promotion, I think - and that's assuming we keep everyone fit. We also start playing three games a week soon, too - what are we going to do with our geriatric forward line then?
    So promotion is the aim? I'd say we are in a good position at the moment, I'll take KN's opinion of the squad over anyone's on here, I'm guessing he knows a little more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast