+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Geriatric Forwards until Jan at least

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    After some of the so called strikers we have had over the years, excluding Hughes, I am happy with what we have. We are 4h division.
    So you are content to stay where we are?

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    We shouldn't be in a position where if ONE player gets injured we'd look a terrible side but I think that's the case without Ameobi in the side. We'd be left with Stead (who I think is past it), Forte and... Callum Saunders.

Maybe we're trying out a new system where our strikers aren't needed to score goals and we'll just rely on everyone else to chip in? I'd be shocked if the 4 strikers we have at the moment scored 15 goals between them.
    I share your concerns, no evidence to date of a prolific striker.

We don't need to panic.
    I truly believe we have a squad good enough for at least the play-offs.
    Strengthening in the January window will enhance our push towards promotion.
    It's been a long time since I have felt optimistic about our chances to gain promotion.
    There will be many that will shoot this post down in flames
    However I'm up for a wager!!
    Anyone?
    It's a long season
    But we are more than capable of the play-offs

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmypieback View Post
    So apparently we aren't expecting any one in today. Nice to know we have a forward line that is young and full of energy...

Will this decision bite Nolan on the arse and cost him his job?
    Yes it will, Stead should not have been offered a new contract, his legs have gone and he falls over too easilly . We only play him because AH bullshi**ed him up as one of the best strikers in the football league..

I have just sat and watched the whole of the Accy game.....finally my iFollow account allowed me.

We are definitely missing a pacy forward.....too many balls are pumped up aimlessly into the air......and lastly, our defence is leakier than a Swiss Cheese.....keep backing over 3.5 goals per game

He claimed a league one club was interested in Stead... There's no way I'm believing that.

I agree with him about Ameobi being one of the better forwards in the league but unfortunately he's also a striker that won't put the ball in the net himself that often and if he gets injured I don't rate any other striker we have to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    So promotion is the aim? I'd say we are in a good position at the moment, I'll take KN's opinion of the squad over anyone's on here, I'm guessing he knows a little more.
    I think I will raise my glass to this keldsyke.

Can't ever remember a time when the particular deficiencies in the squad are so obvious to everyone.

Nolan agrees otherwise he wouldn't have tried to get Walker and Hirst. It's a shame because the team is showing promise but we now be screwed if we get a couple of injuries.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123