+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Geriatric Forwards until Jan at least

Jerry Hat-trick ay?

I like the sound of that.

20:21 Doesn’t look like there’ll be much happening with Notts County if owner Alan Hardy’s Tweet is anything to go by…

Not out of choice pal. I’m at home with kids reading bedtime story. Will be in bed before 11pm and really looking forward to Saturday v PV https://t.co/TcA9nlJHyY

— Alan Hardy (@Bigalanh5) August 31, 2017

22:13 Reports emerging that Notts County had made one last push to sign Forest striker Tyler Walker on loan – but the Reds confirmed he will stay at the City Ground.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    22:13 Reports emerging that Notts County had made one last push to sign Forest striker Tyler Walker on loan – but the Reds confirmed he will stay at the City Ground.

This failing club need all hands on deck.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    So promotion is the aim? I'd say we are in a good position at the moment, I'll take KN's opinion of the squad over anyone's on here, I'm guessing he knows a little more.
    I hope promotion is the aim - otherwise what's the point? Yet again we signed too many squad fillers in the summer rather than going for quality over quantity - something I fear will become all too apparent when Alan Smith is leading the line against Swindon in a few weeks.

I hope we accrue enough points to stay around the playoffs until January, and then improve the squad like we did last January to have a real go at promotion. I'd say an awful lot rests on Jorge Grant staying fit and in the goals, though.

We shouldn't be in a position where if ONE player gets injured we'd look a terrible side but I think that's the case without Ameobi in the side. We'd be left with Stead (who I think is past it), Forte and... Callum Saunders.

Maybe we're trying out a new system where our strikers aren't needed to score goals and we'll just rely on everyone else to chip in? I'd be shocked if the 4 strikers we have at the moment scored 15 goals between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    We shouldn't be in a position where if ONE player gets injured we'd look a terrible side but I think that's the case without Ameobi in the side. We'd be left with Stead (who I think is past it), Forte and... Callum Saunders.

Maybe we're trying out a new system where our strikers aren't needed to score goals and we'll just rely on everyone else to chip in? I'd be shocked if the 4 strikers we have at the moment scored 15 goals between them.

After some of the so called strikers we have had over the years, excluding Hughes, I am happy with what we have. We are 4h division.

#faith and all that:

Alan Hardy‏Verified account @Bigalanh5 18m18 minutes ago

That's your view. If we need to kick-on then we have Jan window remember but we'll still be top 7 come then 👍

I wish I could easily find his tweet earlier in the month where we were aiming for 2 more signings.

I think he's delusional if he thinks we'll be in play-off zone by then - and I hope I'm wrong. Weak defence, impotent strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    #faith and all that:

That's your view. If we need to kick-on then we have Jan window remember but we'll still be top 7 come then 👍

I wish I could easily find his tweet earlier in the month where we were aiming for 2 more signings.

I think he's delusional if he thinks we'll be in play-off zone by then - and I hope I'm wrong. Weak defence, impotent strikers.
    He is no delusional..watch this space.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    #faith and all that:

That's your view. If we need to kick-on then we have Jan window remember but we'll still be top 7 come then ��

Apparently only the fans see the shortcomings in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    He is no delusional..watch this space.
    Glass overflowing?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast