+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mikel Kieftenbeld

Unprofessional shambles imo. Money on Jackson Irvine to score the winner tomorrow now.
    To paraphrase Mario Balotelli...why's it always us?

We not the only ones that had this problem Leicester had it with Adrien Silva on transfer deadline day when they missed completion by a mere 14 seconds, just a complete pickle that didn't go to plan and now we have to look at other alternatives.

Jamie Hanson time

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    We not the only ones that had this problem Leicester had it with Adrien Silva on transfer deadline day when they missed completion by a mere 14 seconds, just a complete pickle that didn't go to plan and now we have to look at other alternatives.
    'Complete pickle that didn't go to plan'...my behind! You're too kind by far...on this one.
    We knew what we wanted...we've known what we've wanted for months...a ball winning midfielder who breaks up attacks has been top of the list for as long as I can remember and we screwed up.
    Completely unprofessional...just as we have been over Chris Martin. This time last year we'd have got £10m for him...now we don't appear to want a player we've given a massive contract to and we'll be lucky to get £2m for him by January.
    Not blaming MM but there's just no joined up thought at DCFC. Truly pissed off over this one...we've now arguably got a weaker squad than before the Sheff.Utd. debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    'Complete pickle that didn't go to plan'...my behind! You're too kind by far...on this one.
    We knew what we wanted...we've known what we've wanted for months...a ball winning midfielder who breaks up attacks has been top of the list for as long as I can remember and we screwed up.
    Completely unprofessional...just as we have been over Chris Martin. This time last year we'd have got £10m for him...now we don't appear to want a player we've given a massive contract to and we'll be lucky to get £2m for him by January.
    Not blaming MM but there's just no joined up thought at DCFC. Truly pissed off over this one...we've now arguably got a weaker squad than before the Sheff.Utd. debacle.
    I'm as much as mad as anyone on this saga it's just another one of those added to the list of poor recruitment policies at DCFC.

Barnsley have also missed out on a player in Oli McBurnie from Swansea on loan so it's not just us making drastic decisions late in getting key players to make the squad stronger.

We've a weaker squad than last year and we were no where near good enough then. Top half would be a reasonable achievement. I can't see how Johnson, Russell and Weimann are going to suddenly improve. Vydra has shown glimpses but 8m? Anya has done very little. We don't have a player who would make a championship squad let alone the first eleven, Carson on his day maybe at a push. Our 3 major outgoings in the past two seasons went to Burnley, Watford and Huddersfield, no disrespect but hardly premier league stalwarts. Recruitment in at least half the club's in our division has been better or at least shrewder than ours. Could be a long season I'm afraid. The Kiftenbeld debacle has just compounded problems that were already evident.

Even with kieftenbeld we were nowhere near a promotion side. Its gonna stay 433 with russell and weimann tomorrow ffs. Ive lost interest lately, and i sat through the whole of the clough era of finishing near bottom 5 at that.. a s**** team with no fight whatsoever is a switch off. Feel sorry for rowett tbh,, wont have the same funds as that t*** clement, and as to try and fashion a side whilst losing the better players in it. Mel morris might aswell give up.

The chris martin saga is boring. We should have flogged him to wolves who actually tabled a good bid of about 6m last summer,, instead we shunt him out on loan to fulham for 3m,,, he then signs a new 5 year contract,, then the man who gave him that contract is sacked.. now the fat waster is sitting on the bench, on a fat contract and even fatter stomach. Sorry but mel morris is to blame,, he sacked half the club this year because of poor signings, yet its his manager sackings that have left us with this mess,, 4 different managers in 2 years and it shows with the squad.. clear off morris you absolute disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Even with kieftenbeld we were nowhere near a promotion side. Its gonna stay 433 with russell and weimann tomorrow ffs. Ive lost interest lately, and i sat through the whole of the clough era of finishing near bottom 5 at that.. a s**** team with no fight whatsoever is a switch off. Feel sorry for rowett tbh,, wont have the same funds as that t*** clement, and as to try and fashion a side whilst losing the better players in it. Mel morris might aswell give up.
    The atmosphere at Pride Park tomorrow night against Hull live on Sky Sports should be interesting as the final whistle blows will the fans show their frustration? or will it be a joy-able night of putting this one behind us?

We shall see.....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)