+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wont lie... i rather enjoyed that first half

I wont lie... i rather enjoyed that first half

Turned up feeling flat and no confidence in them... 4-0 up at half time ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Turned up feeling flat and no confidence in them... 4-0 up at half time ffs.
    Good (not great) all round performance, still not sure about Lawrence though. Well worth the £10 I podded out to watch it

I thought it was a great performance, I think Lawrence will become a favourite, balls into the box and corners finding players!
    Thought the defence was brill and Keogh didn't put a foot wrong. If you can get Brad to play like that every week I'd be more than happy. Rowett the only manager playing Vyd in his position shows what a player he is. Could be the best £8 million we've ever spent!

Outstanding performance tonight from start to finish our set pieces tonight was out of this world, best I have seen in ages. Tonight was a dream with a rare performance that we didn't normally expect from this team but hopefully tonight can spark this kind of performance on a consistent basis.

Well done lads, top draw.

On to Barnsley on Tuesday.

Well the first half was certainly a rather surreal experience!

HUll were poor defensively and we got the luck with the penalty but that can't detract from an excellent performance. What stood out for me that was different was that players took responsibility with and without the ball. They didn't always play the easy pass, and we had players who were actually prepared to take an opposing player on with the ball, rather than just pass and move and leave it to someone else to make something. And the corner - how I longed to see someone put a corner in with purpose that was difficult to defend instead of those god awful lofted floaty things they've been serving up.

Add clinical finishing and a clean sheet, great result. Yeah, I actually enjoyed it for a change. But it's just one game, need that consistency people are talking about. Let's see, eh. But good, very good tonight.

Wow...after the fiasco last time out at Bramall Lane and the deadline day debacle that really was unexpected.
    Surreal indeed to turn the iPad on from afar and see us winning 4-0 at half time but well done to all concerned...and Ramondo's back...what a night!
    Weird stats though...did Hull really have so much more possession, more shots (not on target), more corners and commit so far fewer fouls or has the BBC's 'statto' got a bit confused?

I saw Keogh chase back 80 yards to win the ball on 87mins and 5-0 up. Eleven committed like he is would give any side a chance. I pray Johnson and Vydra get their confidence from that and kick on, both are highly capable in this division. I watched the game with a Leeds fan which added to the feel good factor.

It was pleasing to watch and Vydra is at last showing what a class player he is, Rowett playing players in their preferred positions will come good, though we should not expect that every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteram View Post
    It was pleasing to watch and Vydra is at last showing what a class player he is, Rowett playing players in their preferred positions will come good, though we should not expect that every week.
    As long as we get the pressing and the commitment, week in week out we, should be OK.

I will be happy if we get the commited displays,, we wont win many matches 5 zilch thats a given. But i can take drawing and losing if we showed we gave a f***.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)