shopify analytics
+ Visit Derby County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mikel Kieftenbeld

Mikel Kieftenbeld

Do we know much about him?? Signed on permanent deal!!

Age 27, Dutch defensive midfielder, played for Gronigen then Birmingham City, got sent off in match against Bristol City - not previously touted on here by our roving ITK reporter, so most likely the best signing of the Transfer window and will hopefully add some steel to the midfield.

Gary knows him from his time as Birmingham manager good to have players come in that share the same philosophy and aspirations of the club intriguing signing from Rowett and we see how he fares over the course of the season.

Good signing

Combative midfielder which is exactly what we need. Butterback and bryson both gone which is a bonus, although would have liked to have seen another midfielder arrive rather than striker but cant complain with winnell, if used correctly could be a good deal for us. Lets just hope rowett sees the light and drops russell now.

You got to love those last minute late deals that get swept under the radar and officially announce itself. Cool as you like.

I'm back just to say ..... you can't beat a couple of crude signings

Looks like a bit of panic buying to me! Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Good signing

Combative midfielder which is exactly what we need. Butterback and bryson both gone which is a bonus, although would have liked to have seen another midfielder arrive rather than striker but cant complain with winnell, if used correctly could be a good deal for us. Lets just hope rowett sees the light and drops russell now.
    Winnell bit if a wild card signing will go one way or the other. I'm guessing he's on less than butterfield so they are probably paying the difference and no long term. Risk involved like when we took blackmain. So if it doesn't work out its stacked in our favour!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteram View Post
    Age 27, Dutch defensive midfielder, played for Gronigen then Birmingham City, got sent off in match against Bristol City - not previously touted on here by our roving ITK reporter, so most likely the best signing of the Transfer window and will hopefully add some steel to the midfield.
    Accurate comment but I can't see you lasting long!

Quote Originally Posted by KingCharlieGeorge View Post
    Accurate comment but I can't see you lasting long!
    Can we at least spell our own players/staff correctly...it's Maikel, Rowett and Winnall..quite an optimistic name that last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Looks like a bit of panic buying to me! Time will tell.
    That's what I thought.

Good to see we're casting our net far and wide. Think we're going to struggle for creativity this year.

The brum fans on twitter are not happy with his sale. Bit of an unknown except that belter he smashed past us but so was Ferre bodde an we chased him for years. the best miss we have had in years. Huw Jenkins I'd imagine is still in tears from not selling us that one

I don't think it's a big risk at a rumoured 600k either

He's been likened to a Lee Carsley type player apparently, which is precisely what we've been missing since...well, Lee Carsley really.

Anyway generally Dutch players easily adapt to English footy. Might not be the clueless, panic buying that some seem to hold.
    I've watched the Dutch league over the course of last year, whilst good strikers are hard to come buy, it does appear that there's plenty of reliable defenders and midfielders at many clubs. You can see by the way the Big 3 sometimes struggle against clubs like Gronigen and others, whom they use to routinely thrash in seasons past.

U-turn on the Keiftenbeld deal has it looks like the deal has not gone through yet and Derby have had problems with the deal going over the line on the 11pm deadline and Derby have contacted the EFL to see if the deal has gone through okay and if it has then Keiftenbeld is a Derby player, if not he remains a Birmingham player and we are without a creative midfielder and will certainly then have to look in the free agent market for a replacement.

Hopefully everything is ok and he get's to play for us.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spor...nce-new-440465

Just brilliant! Only at Derby would this happen...the final piece of the jigsaw left to the last minute - wouldn't describe him as 'creative' btw - and then twenty four hours before an important match we find out we're not sure we've got him after all and he hasn't trained with any of the squad yet. Bet Cardiff and Wednesday know who'll be in their midfield on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Just brilliant! Only at Derby would this happen...the final piece of the jigsaw left to the last minute - wouldn't describe him as 'creative' btw - and then twenty four hours before an important match we find out we're not sure we've got him after all and he hasn't trained with any of the squad yet. Bet Cardiff and Wednesday know who'll be in their midfield on Saturday.
    Rowett will more then likely be playing Lawrence instead of Keiftenbeld tomorrow whilst the EFL investigation takes hold to see if the transfer met the 11pm transfer deadline or not. It came extremely close to the 11pm deadline but wether it processed correctly and the deal was 100% done and completed and handed in the paperwork on time, remains the key question at this current time.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/09/...e-against-hull

Derby has just released a club statement that the EFL have come out and stated that they have withheld their purposal to decline Keiftenbeld's move to Derby as sufficient paperwork was not completed on time and that agents were in different locations during the deal therefore despite Derby's appeal to the EFL that they have paperwork fully completed, the EFL have thought otherwise and declined Derby's appeal and Keiftenbeld's move to Derby is off and will remain at Birmingham City.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/09/...el-kieftenbeld

The EFL ruled on Tuesday that not enough of the process had been completed by the deadline and the transfer wouldn't go through. DCFC appealed but the appeals committee has decided today that the transfer was not completed in time. Looks like we will have to wait for January....... That scuppers everybody's starting XI predictions. It will remain 1-4-2-3-1 IMO and be, barring injuries, Carson: Wisdom, Keogh, Davis, Olsson: Hudds, BJ: Lawrence Vydra Weimann: Nugent.
    Last edited by MadAmster; 07-09-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Looks like it's down to Plan B looking in the Free Agent market for a replacement midfielder Joe Ledley, Mathieu Flamini, Kris Commons, Danny Guthrie and Jan Kirchhoff the best free agent midfield players in the market.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast