+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birmingham Fans View On Clayton Donaldson

Birmingham Fans View On Clayton Donaldson

Cheers Roy. The usual mixed bag. Appears to be a "trier" (which suits Wilder), but a bit worrying to note that he is behind Che Adams in the pecking order!

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Makes depressing reading especially the comments about no longer having any pace and the possibility we may have paid money for him. Blue noses are well known for being a bit simple so I'll reserve judgement and imagine he's like the Donaldson that was at Burton.
    I think you've got to take some of the comments with a pinch of salt when they're as diverse as that. We know the Pigs have a set of idiots that go out of their way to post crap because they know Roy does the view froms. I think this move will give him a lift especially playing in front of bigger home crowds, and he'll do a job for us. And of course we've still got Brooks, that's got to be a first.

Signing another striker that has no pace and is not a prolific scorer is a head scratcher, 1, he must have been very cheap and 2, I think he must be a short term signing because we ran out of options

Sounds like an upgrade on Hanson tbh and the side operated well with that type of player in the side last yr so I won't pass judgement yet,I'm thinking shipperley atm which is a positive we just haven't got the option of pace up front especially now lavery is out for a while which is disappointing but it wouldn't be TDD without a tinge of disappointment would it

Happy with that only short term hopefully in January Cole or someone younger will come in. An aerial threat up top is *****.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Sounds like an upgrade on Hanson tbh and the side operated well with that type of player in the side last yr so I won't pass judgement yet,I'm thinking shipperley atm which is a positive we just haven't got the option of pace up front especially now lavery is out for a while which is disappointing but it wouldn't be TDD without a tinge of disappointment would it
    This is true, Ships was immense (in all senses of the word) when we got him and was a big part in us going up so I'm happy here too. Wilder and Knilly know what they're doing

Always a handful whenever he has played against us,i have boooed him many times over the years.

Welcome to the Lane Clayton

Quote Originally Posted by mwblade View Post
    Signing another striker that has no pace and is not a prolific scorer is a head scratcher, 1, he must have been very cheap and 2, I think he must be a short term signing because we ran out of options
    When we say he's 'no pace' I think we have to put it into perspective, because he'll still probably be the second fastest striker we've got and far quicker than fellow bulldozer Hanson.

As far my overall view of the window, well, we've brought plenty in and cleared unwanted players out. I suppose all postitions are now covered (without really pushing the boat out) and we've got the prospect of seeing Brooks's development, I suspect we may even see him play up front on occasions.

I can't remember many summer windows of late where we've not been kicked in the nuts and sold our best players or prospects. I do wonder if keeping Brooks has been the hidden benefit of getting the sell-on cash and he'd have gone otherwise, if so I'll settle for that, it could be the best 'deal' of the window. UTB

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I do wonder if keeping Brooks has been the hidden benefit of getting the sell-on cash and he'd have gone otherwise, if so I'll settle for that, it could be the best 'deal' of the window. UTB
    Couldn't agree more. And am pleased Wilder went for a loan of Donaldson... he's no age to be signing permanently and if it doesn't work out both parties walk away at the end. Win win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast