+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fao mich

Fao mich

It is my fate to have to spend a couple of weeks in L'anse on the upper peninsula. Any where near you, any chance of a beer?

Sorry Woody, I'm in Dundee, MI which is a good 8 1/2 hours away from where you'll be. If you enjoy the outdoors, I imagine there should be some decent views on hikes around there. You'll be about a half hour from Houghton and an hour from Marquette. I like both cities. Should be some decent beers at the bars. But other than drinking, walking or boating I'm not sure what else there is to do around those parts.

Pasties are very popular up in the UP so you'll have to try some and see if they compare to what you're used to in the U.K.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Sorry Woody, I'm in Dundee, MI which is a good 8 1/2 hours away from where you'll be. If you enjoy the outdoors, I imagine there should be some decent views on hikes around there. You'll be about a half hour from Houghton and an hour from Marquette. I like both cities. Should be some decent beers at the bars. But other than drinking, walking or boating I'm not sure what else there is to do around those parts.

Pasties are very popular up in the UP so you'll have to try some and see if they compare to what you're used to in the U.K.
    It what have to be good beer to justify a 17hr round trip wouldn't it mate. Still, next time maybe. Anyway the pasty thing sounds OK, a pasty and a pint, the perfect meal.

I hope you have a good time in the UP. It is a beautiful place. My state is just too big! Though I'm sure you can relate being from Texas. I do encourage you getting to see some of the rest of the state. I don't know what your schedule is like when you're on a work trip, but if you make your way down in the LP on a weekend, I could potentially meet you somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    I hope you have a good time in the UP. It is a beautiful place. My state is just too big! Though I'm sure you can relate being from Texas. I do encourage you getting to see some of the rest of the state. I don't know what your schedule is like when you're on a work trip, but if you make your way down in the LP on a weekend, I could potentially meet you somewhere.
    I had a look around Dundee on Google Earth, looks a tidy little town, no doubt a number of decent bars tucked away up the side streets.

My schedule is completely unpredictable, could get there and be sent home the following day or sit around on my arse for four or five days and then get sent home! We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    I had a look around Dundee on Google Earth, looks a tidy little town, no doubt a number of decent bars tucked away up the side streets.

My schedule is completely unpredictable, could get there and be sent home the following day or sit around on my arse for four or five days and then get sent home! We shall see.
    My recommendation is to drive across the UP, go down the Mackinac Bridge, then drive down Lake Michigan on M-22 for about half the LP. Then cut across 96 or 94 and fly back home out of Detroit.

That's ideal situation. Obviously you're at the whim of your employer. Hope you enjoy your stay no matter how long or brief!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)