+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Future

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Valley View Post
    Animal....good post.

Trouble is at Rotherham, Stewart doesn't realise this. I honestly believe he thinks the level he invests can (and will) get us to the promised land. There's no one at the club advising him any differently.

Sadly the early success we had under this regime has made it worse. He thinks he can do it again on a shoestring and doesn't value any of the key components needed for success, like a experienced manager (hence Warnes), like a decent training facility (hence Portacabins), like other revenue streams.

An example of his naivety is with the transfer fees. He talks of value for money, as if he can dictate what a player is worth by what RUFC deem to be VFM. He fails to realise that if another club (the competition) are prepared to pay more, then that becomes he asking price.

Another one is this recruitment guy and the computer. Someone convinced him that this computer programme was the answer to his problems. You don't need experience mate....it's all IT these days....save thee sen some coin. The computer programmes is an aid....not the ****ing Oracle.

We are miles off the pace at the moment. Stewart is a very arrogant man who won't listen to advice (hence Jacketts and Warnocks departures) and thinks he will turn this around on the cheap.

The only way forward in reality is a change of ownership. There would be interest in Rotherham now given the stadium facilities alone but the door is firmly shut because of Stewart.
    It isn't how things should be Donald , football is a simple enough business , provide entertainment on a saturday afternoon for local people after they have grafted all week , I think that horse bolted many years ago .

The game is now a multi billion pound industry driven by a capitalist model and all the warts associated with that , money , exploitation , greed , power and widening inequality .

Trouble is football is such an emotional and tribal sport you find yourself accepting it because of the love you have for your club , I clearly wouldn't have the same emotional ties with a foreign owned train company .

I think deep down most of us don't want the chinese at my club but neither do I want to see my club selling every decent player we have to richer clubs in our own league and stagnating .

Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 02-09-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Without wanting to hijack your thread guys this article may offer some reason as to why the chinese are buying my club and as I say if they want us then there is no reason why they wouldn't want Rotherham either .

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/...land-1-8728767

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Without wanting to hijack your thread guys this article may offer some reason as to why the chinese are buying my club and as I say if they want us then there is no reason why they wouldn't want Rotherham either .

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/...land-1-8728767
    Good posts Animal and an interesting article. If only we had your manager ............. I agree with all that you have said. Good luck to Barnsley and maybe one day TS will submit to an offer from overseas he can't refuse. Can't see it coming but no one saw the Chinese takeover of Barnsley coming either. Until then, we limp along in L1 and possibly L2 with fans that are real and although they endured the worst season possible last year, returned to buy their season tickets in numbers again this year (Percentage terms of course). Strange carry on really but us Rotherham fans don't expect much else and pick the bones off what we have got. Loyal to a fault.

Personally I'd watch us play in Clifton park it's in my blood and thankfully for me my 2 boys feel the same.
    Not sure I would want TS to sell up to a Chinese consortium but yep would welcome investment.
    The future for us Millers is the same as it's always been mediocre for a few years followed by a couple of good years.
    Maybe that's fans like me accepting it so you could argue we're at fault.
    The club is lucky to have the loyalty of the supporters like Pete Waller and co even though he's disillusioned at the moment it's in his blood.
    For me this season is tough and hopefully we can build again ready for the championship maybe I'm been nieve but without the hope for your club to be successful what's the point turning up.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Balancing the books

McDonald's is fine food when desperate and hungry but you wouldn't want burger every day
    Steve Evans would!

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I agree 100% frog apart from liking millmore it always used to scare me as a kid it just felt so wrong.

A lot needs to be done and a lot needs to be spent on foundations of the club. I'd love everything to happen all at once and go right to premiership but it won't happen, ground work needs to be done youths facility's income. It all needs something

If Tony Stewart sorts all this out premiership in 7 years maybe a reality.

As it stands now we are a strong L1 club but are on shaky ground
    When do you start back at school silly???

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Steve Evans would!

Steve Evans did but only when burger king barred him

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    When do you start back at school silly???
    When your wife begins my lessons again 😂 😘

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345