+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stunting the youth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Stunting the youth

This transfer window seems to have set the progression of the youth players back further
    We have raided other teams academy's and shunned our own
    Rakeem Harper sounds great however what does this mean for Tomlinson hardcastle and Costello at least 2 of those were knocking on the door of the first team squad
    Hart was also a decent signing but for Doyle this sounds like he won't be risked
    What is the point putting money into keeping us a cat 1 academy of you never bare any of the fruits.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    This transfer window seems to have set the progression of the youth players back further
    We have raided other teams academy's and shunned our own
    Rakeem Harper sounds great however what does this mean for Tomlinson hardcastle and Costello at least 2 of those were knocking on the door of the first team squad
    Hart was also a decent signing but for Doyle this sounds like he won't be risked
    What is the point putting money into keeping us a cat 1 academy of you never bare any of the fruits.
    I do know what you mean, Robin, but I assume this is all done in consultation with Johnson and Dunn.
    If anything, it looks like too BIG a squad now, which is bound to make for limited opportunities in terms of our own youngsters. Almost all managers seem paranoid about having the insurance of multiple cover. I suppose there is still plenty of time for the likes of Doyle, Wharton, Tomlinson and Nuttall, but it must be a big disappointment for them to see so many imports - especially the ones no older than themselves.
    As far as I can see, we now have a first-team squad of 26. Even assuming, say, four injuries at any one time, it's still hard to see many chances for the youngsters I mentioned. Actually, once Lenihan is fit, is there any real prospect of this Downing even getting a game?
    I will be very interested to see the next team-sheet!

I wouldn't make a single alteration to what won against mk dons maybe a long thought over Conway or Chapman apart from that I think the new signings will have to wait their turn.

Agree with OP. How can the talented highly promising Rankin-costello be too young and not ready at 17, but WEST BROM'S 17 year old Rakim is? Not happy with mowbray as our manager on this score. Someone like souness would have given our youth a fair shot.

Even more claims saxo as we beat a experienced Wigan side last night
    Tomlinson and Costello look very good at the moment but both are continued to be overlooked.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)