+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday fun

Anybody watch the recent tv series 'Broken' wi Sean bean playing a Catholic preist? Interesting and to the point storylines by Jimmy Mcgovern. Tackled social issues that otherwise get ignored out of either ignorance or hidden behind the the comfort blanket of religion. I liked it, very thought provoking. Beans character was abused as a child by a priest. Sickening innit

Another great series by Jimmy Mcgovern 'the street' on ITV3 nar. Kin brilliant television.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Anybody watch the recent tv series 'Broken' wi Sean bean playing a Catholic preist? Interesting and to the point storylines by Jimmy Mcgovern. Tackled social issues that otherwise get ignored out of either ignorance or hidden behind the the comfort blanket of religion. I liked it, very thought provoking. Beans character was abused as a child by a priest. Sickening innit
    "Tackled social issues that otherwise get ignored out of either ignorance or hidden behind the the comfort blanket of religion"

Can't stand Bean, but this was his best work. Cracking story.
    This is the problem with the country we live in.
    You can attack a Catholic *****, but not any other sort.
    Tell the truth about home grown religious ***ual exploitation,yet not about foreign FMG, PROSTITUTION ETC, as it will upset the apple cart as far as " Huuumimg rights" and race crime.
    I have friends of all creeds, faiths, colours , and hopefully non of the sort that do these heinous crimes.
    If it's ok to portray the Catholic Church as condoning this, and I've no reason to believe that C of E is blameless too, then why are the TV producers not going to Town on the culture that is the most criticised, and most prevalent in the courts at the moment.
    Corrie, Emmerdale, and Eastenders, if they are, as they say they are, "True to life" ( by forcing gay and deviant practices down our 19.30 pm evening watching) should have a true to life gang style story about grooming and ***.

Ooooooh wait!!! It did...... yet it was a white guy doing it

But it wasn't true to life was it.......

Because they darent!

Friday fun eh?

Not like that when arwarralad😕

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    "Tackled social issues that otherwise get ignored out of either ignorance or hidden behind the the comfort blanket of religion"

Can't stand Bean, but this was his best work. Cracking story.
    This is the problem with the country we live in.
    You can attack a Catholic *****, but not any other sort.
    Tell the truth about home grown religious ***ual exploitation,yet not about foreign FMG, PROSTITUTION ETC, as it will upset the apple cart as far as " Huuumimg rights" and race crime.
    I have friends of all creeds, faiths, colours , and hopefully non of the sort that do these heinous crimes.
    If it's ok to portray the Catholic Church as condoning this, and I've no reason to believe that C of E is blameless too, then why are the TV producers not going to Town on the culture that is the most criticised, and most prevalent in the courts at the moment.
    Corrie, Emmerdale, and Eastenders, if they are, as they say they are, "True to life" ( by forcing gay and deviant practices down our 19.30 pm evening watching) should have a true to life gang style story about grooming and ***.

Ooooooh wait!!! It did...... yet it was a white guy doing it

But it wasn't true to life was it.......

Because they darent!

Peados want hanging, don't care two shytes what their ethnic background is Jules. It doesn't make it any less palatable.

Mcgovern in his many television series has tackled delicate subjects from every walk of life.

Soaps can't be taken seriously with all due respect. It's mind numbing over dramatized ballax

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Peados want hanging, don't care two shytes what their ethnic background is Jules. It doesn't make it any less palatable.

Mcgovern in his many television series has tackled delicate subjects from every walk of life.

Soaps can't be taken seriously with all due respect. It's mind numbing over dramatized ballax
    My point wasn't the type of religion. It all wrong. My point was exactly that it isn't reflecting the current prevalence in certain societies as it's then deemed to be racist, which is considered to be a greater crime than abuse. It isn't.

"If you had seven sweets in your hand and Tyrone asked you for one, and Abdul asked you for one, how many would you still have?" asked the teacher.

"I'd still have seven," answered Little Johnny.

Boy to dad - Why do they say gardeners have got 'green fingers' when their fingers aren't green ?

Dad to boy - It's just a saying. It's like when someone is caught stealing something, they say that they've been caught 'red-handed', even though their hands aren't actually red.

I was talking to a woman last night and she said, that last time she had *** it was like the 100 metres at the Olympics.

I said "what, was it all done in over 9 seconds"

"No" she said, "It involved 8 men and a gun".
    Last edited by Acido; 16-09-2017 at 01:06 AM.

Q : Why do mice have small balls ?
    A : Because not many of them can dance !!

Quote Originally Posted by red_card4zip View Post
    "If you had seven sweets in your hand and Tyrone asked you for one, and Abdul asked you for one, how many would you still have?" asked the teacher.

"I'd still have seven," answered Little Johnny.

Boy to dad - Why do they say gardeners have got 'green fingers' when their fingers aren't green ?

Dad to boy - It's just a saying. It's like when someone is caught stealing something, they say that they've been caught 'red-handed', even though their hands aren't actually red.

I was talking to a woman last night and she said, that last time she had *** it was like the 100 metres at the Olympics.

I said "what, was it all done in over 9 seconds"

"No" she said, "It involved 8 men and a gun".

Not even remotely funny eh Acido?
    Last edited by Acido; 16-09-2017 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Not even remotely funny eh Acido?
    Correct Exile.
    Gunt for example would have got a right telling off for that Zip, so why have you completely lowered the tone by posting the N word and various other anti-black comments ?. (even if it is in a joke thread)
    Ive edited out the offending words as best I can, and Ive had to do it in your quoted reply as well Ex. But this is something that Footymad Admin want us to clamp down much more on these days and believe me you could have been banned for that Zip. Ive chose to edit instead of dishing out a ban, lets hope I/we don't regret my choice of non-action eh.
    Last edited by Acido; 16-09-2017 at 01:13 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast