+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alan Hardy needs help with his PR

Alan Hardy needs help with his PR

beginning of the season Alan went on about WOW signings quality squad & that his phone was red hot with players. he
    pumped up the club so much even I though WOW we going for it here,

But that PR was just before season tickets were put on sale. Yes Alan wants the best for the club of course he does, But the way he speaks he needs to think how he comes across,

Alan is a very me me me me type of man. that's his choice & he has so far done financially well in his life.

On Twitter some of the stuff he comes out with is laughable. the other week after Accrington Draw he came out with. It shows how far we have come when we have drawn a game and we not happy with a draw. what a load of crap. we messed up simple as.

hope he learns fast as people will start to take what he says as a pinch of salt

think we messed up yesterday in the transfer window. I cannot see it being that there was no player available better than what we have, If its because we don't have the funds then just say that so we understand, don't go on about we have a good enough squad, when every tom dick & harry knows if we get a couple of injuries we are knackered .

Anyway I will be at Port Vale tomorrow & hopefully 3 points

You mean "Spin Dr"?.Honestly think he has bitten off more than he can chew,by buying Notts.Probably a bigger hole than he thought,but never going to admit it in public.#trust#faith#wow

I think it's a learning curve for him. He thought he could get his wallet out and pick and choose the players he wanted, but it's not that simple.

Personally I don't think this squad is automatic promotion material, but it's pretty decent and very few teams at our level have huge strength in depth. Who knows where we'll end up?

Meanwhile Hardy's making huge a investment into the infrastructure of the club, which should not be sniffed at. The "WOW signing" comment was stupid, but we've made a solid start to the season so hopefully we can have an enjoyable season. COYP!

[QUOTE=TheNottinghamMan;38641079]beginning of the season Alan went on about WOW signings quality squad & that his phone was red hot with players. he
    pumped up the club so much even I though WOW we going for it here.[/QUOTE

Wow's on 1st.
    Who?????? is on 2nd and WTF is on turd.

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    I think it's a learning curve for him. He thought he could get his wallet out and pick and choose the players he wanted, but it's not that simple.

Personally I don't think this squad is automatic promotion material, but it's pretty decent and very few teams at our level have huge strength in depth. Who knows where we'll end up?

Meanwhile Hardy's making huge a investment into the infrastructure of the club, which should not be sniffed at. The "WOW signing" comment was stupid, but we've made a solid start to the season so hopefully we can have an enjoyable season. COYP!
    We made a solid start last season,means feck all,as we found out.

I asked Alan about his WOW type comments in a recent web chat in the Post and he replied that he did regret it and would try to be more "low key" in future. Whether he has done this is open for discussion.

I am sure he has Notts best interests at heart, he wouldn't be spending his hard earned cash in the club otherwise.

I don't expect us to be competing with Luton and Coventry in signing Akinde, Godden, James Collins and the other best players in L2.

I do however expect us to be competitive with clubs of a similar size, Grimsby, Exeter, Lincoln etc.

AH's and KN's financial/transfer activity will be the ultimate test of how far we have come or end up.

About that new striker and centre half.....

I too will be at Vale Park tomorrow to see the new look team/squad.

COYP

Quote Originally Posted by TheNottinghamMan View Post
    beginning of the season Alan went on about WOW signings quality squad & that his phone was red hot with players. he
    pumped up the club so much even I though WOW we going for it here,

But that PR was just before season tickets were put on sale. Yes Alan wants the best for the club of course he does, But the way he speaks he needs to think how he comes across,

Alan is a very me me me me type of man. that's his choice & he has so far done financially well in his life.

On Twitter some of the stuff he comes out with is laughable. the other week after Accrington Draw he came out with. It shows how far we have come when we have drawn a game and we not happy with a draw. what a load of crap. we messed up simple as.

hope he learns fast as people will start to take what he says as a pinch of salt

think we messed up yesterday in the transfer window. I cannot see it being that there was no player available better than what we have, If its because we don't have the funds then just say that so we understand, don't go on about we have a good enough squad, when every tom dick & harry knows if we get a couple of injuries we are knackered .

Anyway I will be at Port Vale tomorrow & hopefully 3 points
    I think you are being a bit harsh in your criticism. It might be a bit of excitement / naivety on AH's part in terms of "Wow" signing so I don't know why so many people hang onto a certain word that someone says. I don't think AH should be shot down for it. He's only been a football chairman for 8 months and this summer is the first proper transfer window that we have had. We have no idea who we, were or not looking to bring in. Some of the targets are not going to come off and it's probably tough getting the players we want. He's probably learned from that.

It's clear that he has the club at heart and let's not forget how we managed to get our transfer embargo lifted in January at the 11th hour, so that we could make signings and he brought in Nolan who then went on to keep our football league status. The club was in dire straights at the turn of the year so we did well to recover and stay up as that was the short term goal.

Plus there have been improvements to the infrastructure as well which makes the club seem more professional which may help to attract the players we want. We've also brought in some players with an eye to the future.

I don't want us to make signings for signings sake. We did that too many times in the Trew era and look how that turned out. Yes I would like us to get a pacy striker and another centre back, but it's not an ideal world, we are Notts County. Whilst I do agree that if we get a key injury then it could have a big impact then we may just have to ride it out and then see where we are in January.

It's capitalism, mate. People relate less and less as human beings and more and more as bearers of material goods to be exchanged. He has his club and he wants your money, and like many others in his position he thinks he'll get more if he tells fibs and/or stretches the truth.

Do away with capitalism and build a system where it's in everyone's interests to be truthful. Systems where it isn't are doomed to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    It's capitalism, mate. People relate less and less as human beings and more and more as bearers of material goods to be exchanged. He has his club and he wants your money, and like many others in his position he thinks he'll get more if he tells fibs and/or stretches the truth.

Do away with capitalism and build a system where it's in everyone's interests to be truthful. Systems where it isn't are doomed to fail.
    Unfortunately i fear if it wasn't for AH you wouldn't have a club to (and I use this word very loosely where you are concerned) ' support '

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post

Unfortunately i fear if it wasn't for AH you wouldn't have a club to (and I use this word very loosely where you are concerned) ' support ', perhaps the groomer has a team you can support?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast