+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Merson

Merson

I notice that Merson is criticising Baggies for not letting Evans go. I find it rich coming from a man who when giving ratings for the transfer window on the Sky Sports app stated that Darren Fletcher was a good signing for us in this window. I think that he gone back on the juice again!

We're just not a big club, Tip.

What p155 artist Merson fails to realise is, when Van Gaal made Evans available only one club really put their nadgers on the chopping block and took a flyer on a player many were saying no to. I remember no end of our own fans saying "Jonny Evans!?, no thank you".

Funny how under Pulis he's thrived and they're all throwing their wad forward now!

Did such a great job at Walsall as well.

They'd never have become the European superpower they now are without his guidance.

I bet he didn't want Krychouiak to come to the Hawthorns either; he won't be able to pronounce his name! I don't agree with all his views but he's a good watch and entertaining.

WHY should we let him go? He's under contract for another 2 years.
    How many players do these big clubs want?
    Anyway, we didn't stop him going, City wouldn't pay our asking price.
    They couldn't have wanted him that much could they?

Almost as annoying are articles about the players who have tried to force through moves & will now have to eat humble pie & stay where they are. They all include Evans on the list.

Jonny NEVER asked for a transfer, he was never interested in Arsenal (too far south) or Leicester (no better than being here. He was 'open' to a move to Man City because he does not want to uproot his family from Cheshire & can no longer car share with Fletcher, Evan then he had concerns because as well as been an ex Man U player he is a known boyhood Man U fan.

No one in the dressing room will criticise him for considering Man City & will be glad to see him back after the break.

Merson has still got a players attitude to how things in their eyes should be. Evans signed a contract with Albion for x amount of years. He still has a couple of years to run on the current contract I believe. Therefore, unless we are strapped for cash (which we aint) there is absolutely no reason for us to have to sell a player we want to keep just because a ''bigger club'' makes an approach for him. Do not come this bullsh*t that we are preventing him from progressing his career. He was happy to sign for us from Manure. If he received (God Forbid) a long term injury he still gets paid a wonderful wage. Players need to learn that they should honour contracts and not spit their dummy out the pram.

It takes a few years of living to realise that we are all indulging in the privileged. Idiots like this get a voice with the media, and we switch on our tv sets and watch them, just like the people with a huge house and they are looking for a second home just for "a break" and they are moaning because its only got 4 bedrooms. Privileged. Most of the presenters, either famous people's kids or schooled at one of the top schools. Privileged. We honour them with our time as if they are somehow the oracle of wisdom. Enter Paul Merson.

Evans had a medical on Wednesday,they didn't come up with the money.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)