+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fizzy pop time

Just posting facts, sorry if they upset you, at no point did I say anything about being good,it's far too early this season to be talking about McKinnon's position, I said lay season he needed another summer window and 2-3 months of the league season, he has had a good window and we are only 4 games in, a win next week could take us top

As for McNamara, we wouldn't have gone down has he remained that season imo, plus i was proved correct when I said at the time there was no point sacking him unless we have a better replacement lined up, we didn't, Mixu appointment took us down

Just like there would be no point having ST leave if there is no viable replacement waiting in the wing

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Just posting facts, sorry if they upset you, at no point did I say anything about being good,it's far too early this season to be talking about McKinnon's position, I said lay season he needed another summer window and 2-3 months of the league season, he has had a good window and we are only 4 games in, a win next week could take us top

As for McNamara, we wouldn't have gone down has he remained that season imo, plus i was proved correct when I said at the time there was no point sacking him unless we have a better replacement lined up, we didn't, Mixu appointment took us down

Just like there would be no point having ST leave if there is no viable replacement waiting in the wing

I couldn't agree more with the two highlighted points made by Shedz. Point 1 is proved solidly by Jackie staving of relegation with York City. We need him back at Tannadice now!

Point 2. Without ST our decline might be more rapid than our current slow progression towards obscurity. With ST at the helm we just might have our beloved Club that wee bit longer than if someone else took charge. Of course it's possible things would work out for the better if ST went now, but we shouldn't take the risk.

dont agree that jackie would have kept us up. the guy was on his last legs and had ran out of ideas. his best players had left and he replaced them with cheap,young options looking to find the hidden gem like he did with robertson and ciftci.

i do think jackie should have been given the partick game. the st j game was shocking and rightly a sackable offence but the following week away to partick was 12th v 11th (i think) it was a massive game. he should have been given that game imo if we won then it might have been the boost we needed if we lost or even drew then it was jotters. by going to firhill with an experienced (1st team level) bowman in charge, we ended up getting pumped at hitting rock bottom there going into an international break aswell.

Thompson has done many things wrong but i hate the fact he is only mentioned the majority of the time when weve lost a game. i hardly him mentioned when we won the first 3 games but as soon as we got beat by saints its popped up again.
    thompson will never get his reputation back with some fans so the best thing is for him to leave but it does depend on a reliable replacement who wants to take over being available and so far that doesnt look likely.

Im torn between giving Ray a chance and worried that im seeing the same thing i saw before Jackie was sacked. Yes Ray has his own squad now, but its the same rubbish football that all managers around him seems to have figured out, and it seems he cant change it.

You might have been confident that Jackie would have got us back to safety, but i predicted way before i was singing with the St Johnstone fans that we were on our way to relegation. Mixu just perpetuated the problem with some pig headed team choices.

And what does ST actually do for the club that you want him to stay?

Just posting facts, sorry if they upset you, at no point did I say anything about being good,it's far too early this season to be talking about McKinnon's popsition, I said lay season he needed another summer window and 2-3 months of the league season, he has had a good window and we are only 4 games in, a win next week could take us top

No need to apologise for quoting statistics as opposed to facts.
    You support Ray which is fine.
    I, like plenty others, don't which is also fine.
    We can only hope that your confidence is justified or f uck knows what the future holds.
    Sacking Jackie was right but too late and appointing Mixu was a disaster.
    And appointing Ray was equally as bad.

Old ground here but Jackie would've 100% took us down, mixu just made sure of it. I stand by mixu wouldn't have finished lower than 3rd last season, that's how bad a manager ray is. I predict he'll be gone by the fireworks time.

Returning to the topic. We shouldn't be in the Challenge Cup if we are not intent on competing for it. Last season our Cup win was the only 'Fizzy Therapy' we got all season. Nevertheless the competition has been further discredited by the inclusion of additional schoolboy outfits who can't even compete against League 2 outfits. It also seems that our putting out a general second string of players 'desirous' to impress has not resulted in an improved quality of performance? Worrying days indeed!

My own view-

If Jackie wasn't sacked we wouldn't have been relegated though we might not have done great. We had better squad then most of bottom 6.

Wheels came off with tombola mixu. Every time we turned a corner he would change the team and mess things up again. His line ups were mind boggling

The key match was conceding equaliser in last minute versus Fun - a combination of telfer falling over ball and Zwick making horrendous error

If we had won that we'd have got some momentum, Jackie more time and we would likely have stayed up

imo core of problem is ST. I don't buy that there needs to be a gold plated replacement. Just need to have over to fans / anyone with interest in club. But I'd imagine his asking price is what is holding things back?! The final hurdle

Jackie would have taken us down imo. Everyone though is entitled to their own opinion. Mixu was totally horrific as a manager. He was playing one upfront when in his first game against Hearts if he went with two upfront it could have been oh so different. He didn't like Bodul but the difference between a good manager and a bad manager is that a good one uses all the players available to him no matter what he thinks of them.

It seems lost on all managers of DUFC recently that they have paying customers who want to see their team win football games. Definition is to score more goals than the opposition. The way DUFC play just now is they invite the opposition on to them from the first whistle. Its the same after half-time, what does he say, preserve your energy until the last ten minutes when we've played the first eighty minutes absolutely clueless.

Transfer windows do not do anything for football. Say we change our manager and he has identified a player that could maybe sort out our slump in form. He has to wait until the next window, yet the fans have to tolerate the same sh!te. We could go for an out of contract player but match fitness is a problem. I think fans are getting short changed and until these transfer windows are done away the product will continue to get worse.

Anyway whats happened about the old reserve league coming back? I've just seen the same old U20's games getting played? Was that just another bullsh!t story from the people "running the game?"

No debate - no stats just football. Jackie would have taken us down. No question at all. Mixu was wrong appt - so is Ray. I am negative blah blah blah

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)