+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Laurel and Hardy

O/T Laurel and Hardy

Back on our TV screens starting tonight with Blockheads on Talking Pictures at 20:15. Sky 343, Freeview 81, Virgin 445, Freesat 306 and Youview 81. Films to follow are Pardon us, Pack up Your Troubles, Saps at Sea, Way Out West, The Bohemian Girl, A Chump at Oxford, Swiss Miss, Sons of the Desert and Our Relations. Some of these are repeated at other times and Dates. Enjoy.

I'm a great fan of L&H and would love to watch these films, but Freeview 81, although it is in HD, which I have, it does not appear, it is not available on BT Vision Plus. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

I saw them live at Nottingham Empire.

Would loved to have seen them live. I've been to Ulverston to the museum and the Bull in Bottesford where Stans sister Olga worked

Strange that. I'm on Virgin but I've got Freeview on my TV so just tried it and I'm getting no signal yet other channels seem to work OK.

In the Radio Times is says "Talking Pictures TV" on 81, below that Freeview 81 (HD only) - their brackets. I have HD but cannot access that channel.

No signal for channel 81 ( and 82) at my place either. Retune shows signal quality as bleddy 1.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    No signal for channel 81 ( and 82) at my place either. Retune shows signal quality as bleddy 1.
    Sounds like that's another fine mess you've got yourself in....

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I'm a great fan of L&H and would love to watch these films, but Freeview 81, although it is in HD, which I have, it does not appear, it is not available on BT Vision Plus. Unless I'm doing something wrong.
    I saw a documentary on them a few years back and it was so interesting, I cant say I knew too much about the two but have since started looking at their old shows and no matter how silly it is, it is still worth a good chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    I saw a documentary on them a few years back and it was so interesting, I cant say I knew too much about the two but have since started looking at their old shows and no matter how silly it is, it is still worth a good chuckle
    Sure. Many classics. Beau Hunks has a manual on how to defeat IS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkFKb7GdA64

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast