shopify analytics
+ Visit Sheffield United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good read

Good read

This is posted on S24SU board. Interesting team http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...r-deadline-day

Quote Originally Posted by charliejoejohn2 View Post
    This is posted on S24SU board. Interesting team http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...r-deadline-day
    that's a fascinating read CJJ - makes you want to cry really - what a joke Deadline Day has become ...........at least we know the truth now tho

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    that's a fascinating read CJJ - makes you want to cry really - what a joke Deadline Day has become ...........at least we know the truth now tho
    It just shows what greedy Bs agents are. They should be banned from the game. I'm Glad Wilder stuck to his guns.

Quote Originally Posted by charliejoejohn2 View Post
    Actually its fascinating, really fascinating to see what happens behind closed doors. Compulsory reading I hope...

What absolutely fantastic read! It was like the old United documentary all over again only in text, it gives us a great incite to what really goes on on deadline day and in fairness, it sort of quells some of my doubts regarding the backing.

As for the AGENTS!

I enjoyed reading it earlier over on S2.

We need to rid the game of Agents,how did they become so powerful.

Just read this off twitter what an insight that is to what went off,and half the fan base blaming the club for being too tight or trying too late to get them in,just shows how little we really know

It emphasises how cynical and corrupt footie has become - I think I preferred it 20 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    I enjoyed reading it earlier over on S2.

We need to rid the game of Agents,how did they become so powerful.
    If one of us employs an agent, like a lawyer lets say, you expect them to do their job with YOUR best interests to the fore. Football agents seem to be working more like gangmasters, and only pursuing THEIR best interests. I suppose if you are a young inexperienced man signing up with them and they are getting you enough cash in ten years to live comfortably for the rest of your days, maybe you don't care. Amazing to think that the kid we 'didn't do enough to get' was sat at Sheffield Station awaiting the 'go' from his agent to get in a cab and do the last mile, and was then told to get back on the train and go home...

Staggering. Really glad it's appeared it may help the cynics understand exactly what went on yesterday!

brilliant read felt a bit for sinclair stuck in sheffield station obviously wanted to join us switch agents mate !

What a excellent read that is,very insightful

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    brilliant read felt a bit for sinclair stuck in sheffield station obviously wanted to join us switch agents mate !
    He was probably in the Sheffield Tap,having a half of that 9% beer

I told you it was Mr McCabe's fault

Brilliant time line of events that. Felt like i was in the room with them. Shame agents have the hold on so many players happiness and futures. Think of the boys who wanted to come here. Think of James Hanson who thought he was off to Scunny for regular footy. He's now here till Jan probably not going to be playing at all. On the purchase of Donaldson i really do think he is going to become a cult hero for us. Character in abundance. Bet he wasn't far off ticking all 15 points on wilders checklist...

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    Brilliant time line of events that. Felt like i was in the room with them. Shame agents have the hold on so many players happiness and futures. Think of the boys who wanted to come here. Think of James Hanson who thought he was off to Scunny for regular footy. He's now here till Jan probably not going to be playing at all. On the purchase of Donaldson i really do think he is going to become a cult hero for us. Character in abundance. Bet he wasn't far off ticking all 15 points on wilders checklist...
    I did not know he had played for Christopher at Halifax,so he will know all about his character,I was also amazed how much he likes Harry Redknapp

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    I did not know he had played for Christopher at Halifax,so he will know all about his character,I was also amazed how much he likes Harry Redknapp
    For all his faults (alledgedly), Harry is not daft. He has spent all his life in football management being nice to everyone - the players, the media, other managers, etc. He knows that that pays off in nearly every walk of life, but especially in "an old boys club" like football. You never know when you might need someone else to do you a favour and it is always a good idea to keep the media on your side.
    To be fair, he has always championed the cause of young English managers. For that alone, he deserves some respect.

And yes, every football fan who isn't aware what goes on behind the scenes, should read that excellent article.
    Last edited by RonnieWaldock; 02-09-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    No, neither did i. Small world. I can see the link with Redknapp...both no nonsense when it comes to agents etc. Although Harry don't mind spending a bit when given the chance. Would love to see what wilder could do with a cheque for 10mill i think we'd win the league!

And another thing about the article.I also have the same pullover with zip,that our Christopher is so elegantly sporting,but it looks a lot better on me

" Brilliant article commendable transparency" not my words Jim Phipps on S24su credit to CW for allowing it. The veil of secrecy into what goes on behind the scenes at the Lane is slowly being lifted. Long may it continue.

Just shows what an antiquated system the FA operate when you have to copy out reams of paper in this day and age. Whats wrong with electronic transfer? The systems so sh*t they allow Premiership Clubs an extra two hours to get the paperwork sorted, second class citizens in the championship have no such luxury, otherwise we would have signed Cole.

Sinclair and Our Arry come across well. Some lessons to learn for the future don't do business again with Roberto De Fanti and don't listen to Dads when they tell you their son will cost nothing.

I'm sure fans of every other club would have wanted to read something similar. Blades being first again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast