+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good read

Good read

This is posted on S24SU board. Interesting team http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...r-deadline-day

Quote Originally Posted by charliejoejohn2 View Post
    This is posted on S24SU board. Interesting team http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...r-deadline-day
    that's a fascinating read CJJ - makes you want to cry really - what a joke Deadline Day has become ...........at least we know the truth now tho

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    that's a fascinating read CJJ - makes you want to cry really - what a joke Deadline Day has become ...........at least we know the truth now tho
    It just shows what greedy Bs agents are. They should be banned from the game. I'm Glad Wilder stuck to his guns.

Quote Originally Posted by charliejoejohn2 View Post
    Actually its fascinating, really fascinating to see what happens behind closed doors. Compulsory reading I hope...

What absolutely fantastic read! It was like the old United documentary all over again only in text, it gives us a great incite to what really goes on on deadline day and in fairness, it sort of quells some of my doubts regarding the backing.

As for the AGENTS!

I enjoyed reading it earlier over on S2.

We need to rid the game of Agents,how did they become so powerful.

Just read this off twitter what an insight that is to what went off,and half the fan base blaming the club for being too tight or trying too late to get them in,just shows how little we really know

It emphasises how cynical and corrupt footie has become - I think I preferred it 20 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    I enjoyed reading it earlier over on S2.

We need to rid the game of Agents,how did they become so powerful.
    If one of us employs an agent, like a lawyer lets say, you expect them to do their job with YOUR best interests to the fore. Football agents seem to be working more like gangmasters, and only pursuing THEIR best interests. I suppose if you are a young inexperienced man signing up with them and they are getting you enough cash in ten years to live comfortably for the rest of your days, maybe you don't care. Amazing to think that the kid we 'didn't do enough to get' was sat at Sheffield Station awaiting the 'go' from his agent to get in a cab and do the last mile, and was then told to get back on the train and go home...

Staggering. Really glad it's appeared it may help the cynics understand exactly what went on yesterday!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast