+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Museums/Points of Interest

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Pump it in to become an aberDoNkey.

Fits the big game Lochee Utd v Auchinleck Talbot. Should be a cracker
    Nah min get with the script. We've got tottenham of the hot spurs v abu dhabi city in the super saturday soccer try outs.

Wee game in Glasgow as well I think.

Thinking of becoming a DNAkey, doubt very much if I will be renewing my season ticket next season so will have to keep loyalty points topped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I always imagined Alicante to be like Benidorm. I was very impressed when I ended up there. Great food and bars. Beautiful little city centre. Drove up to Valencia to go to a particular restaurant only to find it just closing.
    It's a nice place. As soon as I have had my gall bladder removed I'm making a point of climbing up to that castle way up above the marina. Looks amazing.

Nuart is back in Aberdeen for its second year. A couple of my favourites:

The second picture is done by a guy called Ernest Zacharevic, he has done a lot of street art in Penang, Malaysia.

Personally, I think this is so cool for the city.

It's an unusually imaginative thing for Aberdeen. Stuff like that doesn't normally happen here.

Ended up going to the Scottish Street Schools Museum on Scotland Rd yesterday, was worth it, enjoyed it.

would be good to see Aberdeen /North east having our own kind of Banksy, you know unauthorised and controversial stuff popping up in the middle of the night, to be found the next day by a good heid scratching auld mannie.

Forgot to mention before...

The steam railway at Bo'ness is well worth a visit with the kids. Went there as a kid on a primary school trip and always wanted to go back again. Took my kids last year and went on the train along the line and back with afternoon tea on a rare sunny day - fine!

There's also a big indoor museum with loads of different engines/carriages to clamber over.

Surprisingly decent place well worth supporting.

I forgot to say. When I was home I went to the Gordon Highlanders museum. I enjoyed it. Loved the armoury part. I also noticed on the wall of the War Memorials pictures the Meldrum one was missing. There was an email address to send any you noticed were missing. So on my way home I stopped at the Meldrum een and sent the photo through as im a geek. It will have "Picture supplied byPacman1903s real name" under it. My good deed.

I also got a bitching peppermint slice after to, and spent a fortune on books

Worth a visit

I forgot to say. When I was home I went to the Gordon Highlanders museum. I enjoyed it. Loved the armoury part. I also noticed on the wall of the War Memorials pictures the Meldrum one was missing. There was an email address to send any you noticed were missing. So on my way home I stopped at the Meldrum een and sent the photo through as im a geek. It will have "Picture supplied byPacman1903s real name" under it. My good deed.

Worth a visit
    Where's the meldrum one? The top kirk?

Worth a visit
    Good one Pacmin

People like you keep these places gaun, I hate it when folk who live in an area dinnae ken whats on thur doorstep.

Cannae beat a peppermint slice an all.

I photograph weddings for a living and can confirm the staff and peppermint slices are affa fine at the Gordon Highlanders - a great cause and somewhere that should be compulsory for local schools to visit. Nice wee gardens out the back to sit on a nice day and ponder life's little nuances.

Worth tying in with a wee wander round Johnston Gardens just a few yards away. One of my favourite spots in Aberdeen.
    Last edited by ILikeJam; 07-05-2018 at 02:25 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast