+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Museums/Points of Interest

World of Wings turned out to be really good.

Got there in time for the show which was really informative. The girl knew her stuff, they flew a kestrel (who knew there vision is like ultraviolet light so the can pick up piss trails), Snowy owl, Bateleur Eagle(he was a beauty), Buzzard among others. Learned a good bit.

There is also a condor there which is away to be bread. She was bigger than Pac Jnr. A fair bloody beast. But there must be thirty species.

I always find birds of prey to be majestic and beautiful animals (apart from the Turkey Vulture as it has a scrotum for a face)

If you are near Cumbernauld. Give it a go. If I find myself at Kirkintilloch Rob Roy or someone in that neck id go back

Its a good 2 1/2 hours to see the show and look at the birds. For 11 quid for the two of us which I thought was a bargain. The café have a good lentil soup on and a bacon and lorne bap which was bloody good too

Name:  eagle.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  97.8 KB

Balls of steel does Pac Jnr, as others dived for cover as this beauty (Bateleur Eagle) landed in the viewing gallery, he just stood amazed saying "coooooooooooooooooooool"

I was at the Scottish Owl Centre at Polkemmet Country Park today. Its f@cking great. More owls there than anywhere in the world. 150 they said. All species. Quality way to spend a couple of hours.

Its a breeding place too so all species are in couples. So nobodies lonely.

Some stunning creatures there. If you are ever stuck for something to do in the Livi/Bathgate area with the geets id recommend it

Name:  _20190511_232207.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  101.7 KB

Heres a burrowing owl thinking its a flamingo

Were you on a date Packers?

I know a cracking owl sanctuary.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Were you on a date Packers?

I know a cracking owl sanctuary.
    Name:  DHQySqKVwAAWZE1.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  76.6 KB

Father/Son fitba day oot date. Nae with a skeeb

Name:  _20190629_114536.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  96.3 KB

Away down to Blyth today. The morning stop is Bamburgh Castle. Cracking place. Great views. Only half way round it and been here two hours. If you are in the area definatley worth a stop. Its ace when you drive in Bamburgh and this immense building dominates your sight line. Quite an immense sight

You can see Lindesfarne from here too. That will have to wait for another day

Took the wee dude down to St Andrews yesterday. Hadnt been there since i was a nipper, lunch, the aquarium, the castle, the cathedral, a wander then a fine piece. Cracking day oot in a lovely toon

Highest bench atop the broadhill. Could sit there for hours. The forestisation (and the posh flats behind it) has detracted from the experience somewhat but still nowhere quite like it in the world.

A truly magical place.

Name:  _20190904_151950.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  96.1 KB

Name:  _20190904_151913.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  96.1 KB

Name:  _20190904_152621.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  98.9 KB

To avoid the makey uppy old firm game on sunday i took the wee man for a wander at Edzell Castle. Lovely place that. Never been before. A hidden gem. The renaissance garden is cool. (for some reason this sight wont let me upload my good photos)

Done any of the Scottish history places like the Wallace monument, Bannockburn, Stirling castle etc? Thinking of going off in the van for a week ending up at Pittodrie for the hibs game wouldn't mind getting a few of these places in on the way.

Anyone been? I need parking and places that don't involve too far a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Done any of the Scottish history places like the Wallace monument, Bannockburn, Stirling castle etc? Thinking of going off in the van for a week ending up at Pittodrie for the hibs game wouldn't mind getting a few of these places in on the way.

Anyone been? I need parking and places that don't involve too far a walk.
    Don't got to the Wallace Monument if you dinna want a walk

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast