+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Museums/Points of Interest

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The Battle of Harlaw Monument is just off the Rothie road at the roundabout coming out of Inverurie. Balhargardy turn off

Another question. Was Mons Graupius fought on Bennachie and not near Elgin as it is claimed
    My understanding is that Bennachie is thought to be the most likely site of the battle , but it’s never been agreed on by whoever it is that decides these things. If it’s the SFA then they’ll insist it was at Hampden with a 12 noon kick off.

I’ve nae read anything suggesting anywhere near Elgin as the site , but I’ve seen it suggested that the Knock Hill roughly halfway between Keith and Banff and a good 25 miles fae Elgin could be the battle site.

There’s a farm a few miles east of Keith called Montgrew and I’ve heard that its name is derived from Mons Graupius , but f@ck knows whether that’s Right or even relevant

Quarrelwood Hill is a suggested site by some big wig archaeologist a few years back. But there are others in Moray that are also candidates for the battle sites

I've decided. The battle took place at Bennachie.

Does nae c@nt ken any descendants of Calgacus?

They should ken

Does anyone ken of anywhere close to Kilwinning to kill a couple of hours that's worth a visit?

Does anyone ken of anywhere close to Kilwinning to kill a couple of hours that's worth a visit?
    According to Tripadvisor Dalgarven Mill Museum is your best bet. Or go to Robert Burns birthplace museum but that's pretty far away tbh. Slim pickings.

Encountered any huns yet?

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    According to Tripadvisor Dalgarven Mill Museum is your best bet. Or go to Robert Burns birthplace museum but that's pretty far away tbh. Slim pickings.

Encountered any huns yet?
    Cheers

Be there on Saturday. I am in no doubt i will see a few. Bet tbey are not sponsored by a hun supporters club like Bathgate Thistle though

Cheers

Be there on Saturday. I am in no doubt i will see a few. Bet tbey are not sponsored by a hun supporters club like Bathgate Thistle though
    Nae review of the Dalgarven Mill Museum pacmin?

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    Nae review of the Dalgarven Mill Museum pacmin?
    I went to Spartans v East Stirling with Wee Man on the Friday and stayed down. When I got up I noticed the road works at Whitburn were awful and added an hour on to the journey to Kilwinning so we opted for Linlithgow Rose instead.

Headed to Linlithgow Palace pre game. Cracking place that. Ace to take a 5 year old. He was loving it. So was I to be fair.

I went to the Linlithgow Museum after. Learned a fair bit. But I was shocked that there is absolutely no mention of their hugely successful local team. Four Scottish Cups to their name. There is a display dedicated to sport in the area. A lot of curling stuff and even an famous old trophy that was given out every year to the "best kept garden" but the Rosey were not mentioned at all. Ive been in the boardroom at Prestonfield in my playing days. There are photos of the team in open top busses with the High Street rammed with thousands of people. Clearly insignificant in the history of the toon.The curator or whatever must be a Bo'ness fan

I also learned that if you are born in Lithgae you are known as a "Black B@tch"

Name:  untitled.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  10.0 KB

There is a pub aswell
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 07-11-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Since you are here and you are now my Ayrshire tourist guide. Fit is there to do near Largs as that's my fisrt port of call when im home

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast