+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Museums/Points of Interest

Museums/Points of Interest

Any recommendations in the area.

I went to the Maritme Museum today which made me think i should take in some more round about.

Theres the Gordon Highlanders and i fancy the Speyside Cooperage too but any other ideas would be appreciated

Not exactly in the area but what about Scotlands nuclear bunker? It's down the Crail way I think.

Anyone been?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Not exactly in the area but what about Scotlands nuclear bunker? It's down the Crail way I think.

Anyone been?
    I went when i was a nipper. Kind of thing id like. Good shout min

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Buc View Post
    Cheers Buc. Maybe we could get that coffee at the Highlanders

I did enjoy the Maritime. But it is filled out with models of ships. But its free and worth it. It alsl explains street names though

The Piper Alpha stuff is sad. The fact it was all found 20+ years later is mad

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post

Anyone been?
    Aye been down a look there tae interesting place just near Crail and St Andrews On Sea.

Transport Museum in weedgieland is braw tae

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Any recommendations in the area.

I went to the Maritme Museum today which made me think i should take in some more round about.

Theres the Gordon Highlanders and i fancy the Speyside Cooperage too but any other ideas would be appreciated
    Nae quite yer neck of the woods but the flight museum at East Fortune (quite a bit) outside Edinburgh is very good.

Nae many folks neck of the woods but i just went to the Bovington Tank Museum in Dorset. By far the greatest museum ive ever set foot in

Hundreds of tanks. From an original "little willie" through to your modern day stuff like M1s being used in the middle east. Loved seing all the WW1 and WW2 tanks. Panzers especially
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 22-10-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Hadn't been here since I was very young so don't really remember it. Great place and definitely one of my favourites in our neck of the woods. Needless to say the wee man loved legging it round the gardens. Kildrummy Castle oot the back of Alford
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 11-04-2018 at 03:02 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast