+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Museums/Points of Interest

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Nah min. Was just wandering in the Banchory area with the wee man. Good day oot. Picnic, wandering, ice cream and funcy beers fae the shop and chucking stones in the river. Awesome
    Just been for a walk round Riverside Drive from Bridge Of Dee/Duthie Park/Kincorth. Michty me, the River Dee is almost dry at that part. A good pair of wellies and you could cross no bother. Never ever seen it that low. Sorry, nae pics.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Just been for a walk round Riverside Drive from Bridge Of Dee/Duthie Park/Kincorth. Michty me, the River Dee is almost dry at that part. A good pair of wellies and you could cross no bother. Never ever seen it that low. Sorry, nae pics.
    I was looking at it from the brig just after the Banchory Lodge and its about half as wide as it should be

Was Sandy there to sell you some of his fancy beers?

It's been staff the last few times I've looked in by.

Good lad Sandy.........for a Hearts fan that is.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Was Sandy there to sell you some of his fancy beers?

It's been staff the last few times I've looked in by.

Good lad Sandy.........for a Hearts fan that is.
    Nah it was a girl(quite hot too). Decent shop.

A few goodies from the last couple of years.

Dunrobin Castle near Golspie. Stunning views. Lovely gardens.

The funicular railway near Aviemore. Very accessible which is a must for me. The views from up top are spectacular.

Scottish Portrait Gallery in Edinburgh. I could have stayed in there all day .

Hop on hop off bus tour in Edinburgh. If you're visiting the city, do this early on. It gives a great guide to the many many places of interest in the city and you can then decide which of these to visit and which to miss.

I went to the Summerlee Museum of Industrial Living in Coatbridge yesterday. A museum of the industry in the area throughout the years

Decent place that and is free to get in/donate if you want. I enjoyed it and it was good to see all the old machinery from lathes to cars to trains to boats. Some decent wee displays too. There is a fitba one, a war one, I also liked the Dentistry one. *******s to getting your teeth oot back in the day.

There is the old coal exhibit too which shows you old houses in pit towns through the ages and has a sweetie shop in it where wine gums were purchased for Cliftonhill

Decent (huge)cup of coffee and fine piece in the cafe too

I would go if you are near. Nice wee place

I went to the Summerlee Museum of Industrial Living in Coatbridge yesterday. A museum of the industry in the area throughout the years

Decent place that and is free to get in/donate if you want. I enjoyed it and it was good to see all the old machinery from lathes to cars to trains to boats. Some decent wee displays too. There is a fitba one, a war one, I also liked the Dentistry one. *******s to getting your teeth oot back in the day.

There is the old coal exhibit too which shows you old houses in pit towns through the ages and has a sweetie shop in it where wine gums were purchased for Cliftonhill

Decent (huge)cup of coffee and fine piece in the cafe too

I would go if you are near. Nice wee place
    It used to be absolutely pish until they had a bit facelift about 15yrs ago. Do they still have the football top that's like a small boys?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    It used to be absolutely pish until they had a bit facelift about 15yrs ago. Do they still have the football top that's like a small boys?
    10m revamp it was.

There is no shirt but there is a homemade knitted Motherwell jumper for a kid. Some decent things in the fitba display.

10m revamp it was.

There is no shirt but there is a homemade knitted Motherwell jumper for a kid. Some decent things in the fitba display.
    There used to be a football top worn by someone from that area during the wembley wizards game. It looked like my maw had washed it.

Anyone been to World of Wings near Cumbernauld. Be in the area tommorow and need something to do in the morning. Noticed it, looks ok for the wee man and i like big bad ass evil birds. Trip advisor says its good but wouldnt mind personal opinions

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast