+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pick the bones out of this...

Pick the bones out of this...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...not-type-grin/

I know Luke Edwards is not exactly a fan of the current regime but it's a good read, imo.

It is a good read and i don't think he's wrong sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...not-type-grin/

I know Luke Edwards is not exactly a fan of the current regime but it's a good read, imo.

Yeah i'd already read it. Hard to disagree with any of it.

Ryder and his marrars, should hang their heeds in shame!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    It is a good read and i don't think he's wrong sadly.

This is the most telling bit - Newcastle had never been relegated from the Premier League until Ashley arrived. They have gone down twice since, falling through the trapdoor again in 2016.

I know. Twice in 10 years when before it hadn't happened.

I know there is always worse out there as owners go but it's the way all hope and ambition is sucked from the essence of hte club.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2017/09/newc...acing-reality/

Another good article from the Mag.

I was always in favour of financial stability at the club after the disastrous Shepherd years but I agree that Ashley is making a mistake now. Show reasonable committment to the club or sell now.

What constitutes reasonable commitment in this day and age in terms of football?

We have a serious problem on our hands from this point on.
    Forget about what Ashley attempted to do, or didn't, in the past as regards a plan, because plans literally do not work anymore due to the ever changing face of football and those who run it.

Once we actually figure out what reasonable commitment is and where that reasonable commitment SHOULD take us, then we will at least have a chance to work out where we can realistically go on that reasonable commitment.

We also need to figure out what a new owner would need to do to apply the same reasonable commitment in terms of us having a better model than what we deem unsuitable, right now.

Does anyone have any idea where we can really go from here?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    What constitutes reasonable commitment in this day and age in terms of football?

Forget about what Ashley attempted to do, or didn't, in the past as regards a plan, because plans literally do not work anymore due to the ever changing face of football and those who run it.

Once we actually figure out what reasonable commitment is and where that reasonable commitment SHOULD take us, then we will at least have a chance to work out where we can realistically go on that reasonable commitment.

We also need to figure out what a new owner would need to do to apply the same reasonable commitment in terms of us having a better model than what we deem unsuitable, right now.

Forward with Rafa and without Ashley.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post

Thatīs a good point and I do believe in a slow build to develop a squad and was not expecting ANY marquee signings this window. So for me, 'reasonable committment' wouldīve been signing one first team LB, and one more squad striker. I honestly wouldīve been happy with the window with those and I am happy with the signings we did make.

If we are relegated again, heīs going to regret not spending 35-40 million more this window. Thatīs where heīs made the mistake - he shouldīve made a further short term loan to the club to be repaid to him when the TV money comes in - that is all.

If heīs not prepared to do things like that, with the chance we had to push on, then he needs to drop the price of the club and sell.

People say heīs a gambler, Iīd say heīs the opposite. Heīs got the manager in place, had the fans onside, and heīs failed to support the situation. It seems he will never really understand what it takes to make this club successful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)