+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: so if pardew had done what rafa had done

if Pardew had done what Rafa done, if have had more respect for him.

I.E. showed his frustration over lack of backing, without being a soft arsed yes man!

Wish a had me rod wi me....

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    wrong
    not between 12-13 million

try 14 -17 million
    Remind me what idiot he give this money to to spend? And £15m most

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Wish a had me rod wi me....
    I know, I know but sometimes. . .

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    wrong
    not between 12-13 million

try 14 -17 million
    I think that's in Euros isn't it? In pounds it came to:

Georginio Wijnaldum £14,500,000
    Aleksandar Mitrovic £14,500,000
    Jonjo Shelvey £12,000,000
    Andros Townsend £12,000,000

We don't disclose our transfer fees under Ashley's regime, so it's all speculation. None of the prices we see bandied about are official. None of us know how much we actually spend on players, or if there is any hard cap on player cost imposed by Ashley.

Very good point Nephy.

this is what actually happened... forget ashleys assurances that rafa was in charge.

rafa had to go to charnley with his list

charnley had to find the lawyer who ashley appointed to run things over every ****ers heads.... he was often busy with his real job

charnley had to wait for response of said lawyer. if he got the go ahead he could then approach the club and player in question. if no more toeing and froeing negotiating etc until they got the ok ... probably about the 5th choice but thats besides the point.

the lawyer actively dismissed rafas initial list and said no .... full stop.

****ing idiotic way to run a club. /... and if it was pardew all you would get was a smarmy smile and the lies that everything was going to plan that we didn't need x y or z players. blah blah blah

ashley imposed a cap on wages... it couldn't go above a certain level... so while the players were there that we didn't want we couldn't buy any others. but as always we saw what happened... when we did get rid of players... we still got no ****ers in. surprise surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    this is what actually happened... forget ashleys assurances that rafa was in charge.

rafa had to go to charnley with his list

charnley had to find the lawyer who ashley appointed to run things over every ****ers heads.... he was often busy with his real job

charnley had to wait for response of said lawyer. if he got the go ahead he could then approach the club and player in question. if no more toeing and froeing negotiating etc until they got the ok ... probably about the 5th choice but thats besides the point.

the lawyer actively dismissed rafas initial list and said no .... full stop.

****ing idiotic way to run a club. /... and if it was pardew all you would get was a smarmy smile and the lies that everything was going to plan that we didn't need x y or z players. blah blah blah

Where'd you get this from, J?

wor michael lol... he's usually right about stuff though

apparently everything in the club has to go through the lawyer if it involves money
    Last edited by toonlegend; 01-09-2017 at 11:54 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)