+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: so if pardew had done what rafa had done

so if pardew had done what rafa had done

last day of the transfer season

our probably most important window for ages

players needed to go
    players needed to come in
    a left back being priority

but pardew gets on a plane and flies out to some foreign land to big it up with a load of managers he will never be as good as

a bit like a plastic hanging around a seasoned ticket holder and trying to believe he is as good as them ( he once was)

and then on the last day we get a load out and know one in

pardew puts his hands up and says sorry i thought we had done deals

rafa smiles and knows the blame will get levied at ashly

why

pardew was never in charge of transfers and had to take carrs picks

rafa got rid of carr so he had controll

and here we are with players he doesnt want and has said can go

no left back

Who the f*ck would invite Pardew to an elite coaches forum ?

Rafa is in charge of deciding who we go after...but he's not in charge of how much we offer or spend and he's not in charge of how much we decide to offer the player per week.

Bit like Rumpelstiltskin....Rafa is in charge of the spinning wheel but he's been given straw to spin and asked to spin it into gold.

Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Rafa is in charge of deciding who we go after...but he's not in charge of how much we offer or spend and he's not in charge of how much we decide to offer the player per week.

Bit like Rumpelstiltskin....Rafa is in charge of the spinning wheel but he's been given straw to spin and asked to spin it into gold.

Or something like that.
    maybe

but we were chasing players we had no info on

im not actually sure we brought the correct twin

rafa wanred full controll and that has its pressures and responsabilities

what would be tha case if when he wa saway bigging it up an offer came in or a player became availabel
    the players agent has two options speaking to the manager at say place or rafa

the palace manager gets in his car zooms down to the watford gap service station and sells the dream the money man then does the deal

rafa says sorry bud im currently using ashly expenses card and telling everyone how good i once was could we talk in january

r get on the pnone to charnley he knows loads about footy
    about as much as i do moving players on

They had a meeting at the end of last season and Rafa was given clearly given assurances re money so taking Ashley at his word. I think it will be definite that Rafa will have given a list of players he wanted out and in.

The club then spun the yarn about foreign interest for a month or so then nowt. Charnley and Carr did nowt to get rid of the dead wood first, ffs Riviere was given away for nowt could that not have happened 3 months ago? Then they dithered with the list of top targets Mangala, Fernandinho, Reina, Abraham, Perez and McCarthy and got NONE!!! We were then left trying to catch up for 3/4 list targets.
    In fact I remember you saying Carr had done all the spade work re some of the targets, which clearly cant have been true as if they were virtually done and dusted they would have gone through.

Carr left because he was responsible for getting the likes of Riviere and Saivet who are cr@p and on huge contracts.he was living off Cabaye and Ba finds that was all.

I do think Rafa does have some questions to answer about wanting players out quite publicly and being left with 2/3 to manage, but he has tried to shield the regime when he said we weren't going to sign £25 million players and wages/fees changed. He cant legislate for our main striker being scared to go on the pitch in case he pulls something (its about all he could pull by the look of him mind!).

I could understand your argument to a certain extent if it was only this window the regime have made a complete mess of things, but it has been time after time with different managers. God knows who we will be left with if Rafa is snapped up by WHU or whoever? Maybe it'll be his spiv pal Justin Barnes?

I cant believe that the net spend is £11 million, its pathetic, unbelievable and down right embarrassing to be honest. It wouldn't surprise me if Sland have spent more and look at the shyte they are in financially.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    maybe

but we were chasing players we had no info on

im not actually sure we brought the correct twin

rafa wanred full controll and that has its pressures and responsabilities

what would be tha case if when he wa saway bigging it up an offer came in or a player became availabel
    the players agent has two options speaking to the manager at say place or rafa

the palace manager gets in his car zooms down to the watford gap service station and sells the dream the money man then does the deal

rafa says sorry bud im currently using ashly expenses card and telling everyone how good i once was could we talk in january

r get on the pnone to charnley he knows loads about footy
    about as much as i do moving players on
    Huh ??

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Or something like that.
    Exactly people say why not go for bony the reason why is Ashley won't let Rafa sign any player who costs more than £12m and won't let him sign any player who's wages are more than 60k a week.

Quote Originally Posted by kingstonbob View Post
    They had a meeting at the end of last season and Rafa was given clearly given assurances re money so taking Ashley at his word. I think it will be definite that Rafa will have given a list of players he wanted out and in.

The club then spun the yarn about foreign interest for a month or so then nowt. Charnley and Carr did nowt to get rid of the dead wood first, ffs Riviere was given away for nowt could that not have happened 3 months ago? Then they dithered with the list of top targets Mangala, Fernandinho, Reina, Abraham, Perez and McCarthy and got NONE!!! We were then left trying to catch up for 3/4 list targets.
    In fact I remember you saying Carr had done all the spade work re some of the targets, which clearly cant have been true as if they were virtually done and dusted they would have gone through.

Carr left because he was responsible for getting the likes of Riviere and Saivet who are cr@p and on huge contracts.he was living off Cabaye and Ba finds that was all.

I do think Rafa does have some questions to answer about wanting players out quite publicly and being left with 2/3 to manage, but he has tried to shield the regime when he said we weren't going to sign £25 million players and wages/fees changed. He cant legislate for our main striker being scared to go on the pitch in case he pulls something (its about all he could pull by the look of him mind!).

I could understand your argument to a certain extent if it was only this window the regime have made a complete mess of things, but it has been time after time with different managers. God knows who we will be left with if Rafa is snapped up by WHU or whoever? Maybe it'll be his spiv pal Justin Barnes?

I cant believe that the net spend is £11 million, its pathetic, unbelievable and down right embarrassing to be honest. It wouldn't surprise me if Sland have spent more and look at the shyte they are in financially.
    if you were netring one of the most important transfer windoes of the clubs career would you have got ridden of your leading man in carr
    we are still payinhg him

why not use him for a few weeks use his contacts when deals broke down

used him to get fringe players out

not saying hang on his every deal or player

but why have a war with a man who had lots of respect from the players and agents who he brought to the club as well as relationships with agents players and coaches regards potential new signings

show to me a complete lack of knowledge on ho the modern game is played

and for sure rafs contacts dint do a lot for us

Quote Originally Posted by Nufc24Mag View Post
    Exactly people say why not go for bony the reason why is Ashley won't let Rafa sign any player who costs more than £12m and won't let him sign any player who's wages are more than 60k a week.
    are you sure
    im sure we have paid more for players than that

Quote Originally Posted by kingstonbob View Post

if we have spent more than we have then ash is a man of his word
    the club can have every penny it generates

the 30 mill surplus from last season went on wages of rafas bench warmers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)