+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: so now we know our squad

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Just what is wrong with you?
    Walk round Leeds city center [Oh sorry forgot you live 250 miles away] or Southampton city center, and tell me how many johnny foreigners you encounter at any time of day FFS - go down the leagues and you will find whole squads without a single johnny foreigner in them - basically because the better - cheaper - footballers come from all over the world - we live in a cosmopolitan society and our football teams reflect that - despite everything how many "English" players did we actually get rid of this close season? And how many of them where considered better than the ones that replaced them? with the possible exception of your favorite moan - Green I can't think of one - so basically we have got rid of a few foreigners, and replaced them with a lot of foreigners - and look a better team for it.

Get yourself down to Eastleigh and watch a load of Englishmen kicking a ball about ....apart from Bondz N'gara, Alefe Santos, Ayo Obileye ......I know I watched them a couple of weeks ago while in Chandlers Ford for a week.
    So 3 of......?

Quote Originally Posted by espaņablanco73 View Post
    sorry Pete, as Tichi says, it wasnt aimed at you, just showing my exasperation at this thread going the same way as all others.........
    One dissenting voice too much for you guys?

more the relentless boredom than the dissention mate....

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Did hope so haha.We all have a moan now and again but WTF is beyond a joke and doesnt come across as a true leeds fan which is sad,

Dont bother replying WTF to this i dont like reading books..
    I was supporting Leeds before you were a little swimmer in your mums private parts, "trued Leeds fan" FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Don't spoil it for me Pete (you can read books?)! After all, why wouldn't you want me to embarrass myself again?

"true Leeds fan". You know what that means? Ah, I know, someone who says they "turn up and pay my money ( Only live 40mins from the ground) but still spend a fortune" (ring any bells?), irrespective of what the club does. And obviously your definition of a "plastic fan" is absolutely spot on, yeah, as if!

As for the comment from Tich "Walk round Leeds city center [Oh sorry forgot you live 250 miles away] or Southampton city center, and tell me how many johnny foreigners you encounter at any time of day FFS" True, very true, and.......

"The 2011 census recorded 7,337,139 foreign-born residents in England, corresponding to 13.8 percent of the population". Now I know things have changed a bit in the six years since, but is anyone here suggesting that we now have 90% foreigners as representing current UK population? I think not.

Again, no-one answers the question, "5 of the 20+ squad are from the UK, and how many will get regular 1st team appearances (given that there are "benchwarmers" in that list)?

And even less...."How are Leeds fans who turn out week in, week out, to cheer on Wiedwald, Alioski, Saiz, Lasogga, Grot etc etc any different (from all the fans we used to rip the ar5e off, who support their chequebook created teams)?

I never said I wanted a squad or team made up of those from the UK, just a few more who represent the future of English/UK football, but apparently thats not "flavour of the month"

BTW, "embarrassing"? Nah, you can have your opinion, I have mine, end of.
    I wont beat around the bush, I dont post much these days and have had my arguments/debates in the past, YOU my friend are one of the main reasons why i dont.

As Benidorm has just said this is going the same way as all the other threads you hijack, Yes we are all allowed our opinions but you take the biscuit.

Every time i do have a look on here its YOU that seem to spoil a thread with your ****e,

I wont get into a slanging match with you,Just by all means same as the rest of us have a moan about a certain performance or team selection like we all do but support Leeds thrugh thick or thin or **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by espaņablanco73 View Post
    more the relentless boredom than the dissention mate....
    Strange how this forum resembled a f00king morgue when I didn't post the other week, hmmm? Hey ho, I have my opinions, other have theirs, kind of what a forum is for eh, expressing opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    I wont beat around the bush, I dont post much these days and have had my arguments/debates in the past, YOU my friend are one of the main reasons why i dont.

As Benidorm has just said this is going the same way as all the other threads you hijack, Yes we are all allowed our opinions but you take the biscuit.

Every time i do have a look on here its YOU that seem to spoil a thread with your ****e,

I wont get into a slanging match with you,Just by all means same as the rest of us have a moan about a certain performance or team selection like we all do but support Leeds thrugh thick or thin or **** off.
    So we all agree with each other, is that your suggestion?

They may not be dirty, but O'kane is Irish, Roofe is of Jamaican heritage and has eligibility to play for Jamaica, Vieira was born in Guinea, Shaugnessy, Stokes and Lonergan are all Irish, so 50% of those you presumably are suggesting come from the UK, don't!

So 5 of the 20+ squad are from the UK, and how many will get regular 1st team appearances (given that there are "benchwarmers" in that list)?

I said that it was likely that we would field a 1st team with not one player from the UK, and I stand by that.
    Roofe was born in Walsall.......how does him having Jamaican heritage in anyway stop him from being from the UK? Ronaldo Vieiria, yes born in Guinea, but represents England U20.....surely that is the epitome of a having a british player in our squad. As for the Irish lads, I consider them part of us, Leeds has always had a massive irish contingent and I consider that as much homegrown as I do our English born lads.

The reality is, unless you produce your own talent, which we have got incredibly lucky with in the past few years, the cost of buying british players is just not worth it anymore. In an ideal world, I'd love us to have a squad of British players and academy products, but it just won't happen. In fact we have had largely British based squads when we had Tonge, Brown, Pearce, Warnock, Morrison, Lees, Byram, Peltier, Mowatt etc and personally I'd rather us have some talented foreign lads in for a fraction of the price than those over paid tossers, fact is British based squads have failed us largely over the years and now with the way the market is buying even an average english player is extortionately expensive.

It is very easy to complain that we don't have enough UK based players, but financially it is just not feasible. As long as they play with pride and play for the shirt, they could come from outer space for all I'm bothered, football has moved on from the days of Revie and we either adapt with that or we spend our years plodding around the lower leagues with our UK based 11.

Strange how this forum resembled a f00king morgue when I didn't post the other week, hmmm? Hey ho, I have my opinions, other have theirs, kind of what a forum is for eh, expressing opinions.
    "kind of what a forum is for eh, expressing opinions"

or....expressing the same opinion again and again and again and again and again and again.

This reminds me of the game we play with my friend when we head over the big city Melbourne every now and then. It's called spot the Aussie as you can hardly find one lol. It's the times and the world is f----. My parents watch tv back from the home land Greece and i'm stunned as i see asians and afrikan people on there speaking Greek better than me.
    Anyway WTF it's the times and we can't do anything about it so we have to get used to it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)