+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: so now we know our squad

so now we know our squad

Wiedwald Lonergan Farrell Berardi Ayling Anita Jackson Gomes Jansson Pennington Shaughnessy Cooper Okane Phillips Klich Vieira Saiz Hernandez Alioski Dallas Sacko Lasogga Grot Ekuban Roofe Cibicki Stokes

my initial thoughts are, I like it!

some good players in every position, some versatile players who can play in multiple positions, and not forgetting Coyle Denton and Wilks who have gone out on loan to gain some valuable match minutes, we saw how it worked out for previous academy graduates to go on ln to gain experience and it in some cases worked out really well, I hope does for those 3. its probably curtains for Murphy and Antonsson who have also gone out on loan, our other fringe players have been sold or released.

many of the above are untried as they are new however on paper this squad looks better than last seasons and so far we are unbeaten while playing a much better style of football, thanks to the ideas of our new head coach Christiansen.

I HATE these international breaks, cannot wait for our next match, we haven't fluked our unbeaten start either, we genuinely look unbeatable, really interested to see what our brand new players can bring to the pitch, I could see several players all hitting 10 goals or more which after selling 1 player who got half of the entire squads goals last season, its going to be different this time. if I have 1 doubt, its Cooper, However!!!, even he has started the season well, and if Christiansen can get him to play well, he can get any player to play well imo.

top 2 again imo is achievable this season, there are no teams with the strength of I hate to say it Newcastle from last season, Cardiff wont win every game, and as good a manager as McCarthy is, i don't think Ipswich will stay up there either, this really is our best chance for promotion, BRING IT ON!

MOT!!!

Looks good as long as Wiedwald, Jansson and Ayling don't pick up injuries

wouldnt go so far as to say we look unbeatable, but much better certainly. We have started games too late imo, and weve been lucky that by the time we grew into these matches, the opposition didnt bother taking advantage.
    The international break has come at an ideal time for us with so many new additions, valuable time on the training ground gelling is whats needed at the moment.
    Never underestimate the value of confidence though, if the players believe it, the coach believes it, and we the fans believe it, it just might happen!

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Wiedwald Lonergan Farrell Berardi Ayling Anita Jackson Gomes Jansson Pennington Shaughnessy Cooper Okane Phillips Klich Vieira Saiz Hernandez Alioski Dallas Sacko Lasogga Grot Ekuban Roofe Cibicki Stokes

my initial thoughts are, I like it!

some good players in every position, some versatile players who can play in multiple positions, and not forgetting Coyle Denton and Wilks who have gone out on loan to gain some valuable match minutes, we saw how it worked out for previous academy graduates to go on ln to gain experience and it in some cases worked out really well, I hope does for those 3. its probably curtains for Murphy and Antonsson who have also gone out on loan, our other fringe players have been sold or released.

many of the above are untried as they are new however on paper this squad looks better than last seasons and so far we are unbeaten while playing a much better style of football, thanks to the ideas of our new head coach Christiansen.

I HATE these international breaks, cannot wait for our next match, we haven't fluked our unbeaten start either, we genuinely look unbeatable, really interested to see what our brand new players can bring to the pitch, I could see several players all hitting 10 goals or more which after selling 1 player who got half of the entire squads goals last season, its going to be different this time. if I have 1 doubt, its Cooper, However!!!, even he has started the season well, and if Christiansen can get him to play well, he can get any player to play well imo.

top 2 again imo is achievable this season, there are no teams with the strength of I hate to say it Newcastle from last season, Cardiff wont win every game, and as good a manager as McCarthy is, i don't think Ipswich will stay up there either, this really is our best chance for promotion, BRING IT ON!

MOT!!!
    And of those, how many are from any part of the UK?

I know I'll get the usual "humorous" quips from the likes of Godlike, Tich, WS etc etc, but is it right that the 1st team is likely to contain not one player from the UK?

Eh ? What about Ayling, Cooper, Phillips, Vieira, Roofe, Dallas ??? with Pennington, Shaughnessy, Stokes and Lonergan on the bench ?

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Eh ? What about Ayling, Cooper, Phillips, Vieira, Roofe, Dallas ??? with Pennington, Shaughnessy, Stokes and Lonergan on the bench ?
    Irish the lot of them,
    Bloody foreigners....

and your forgetting O´kane OWT, unless we count the Irish as dirty foreigners!

Lol, beat me to it Leedsutdman!

Quote Originally Posted by espaņablanco73 View Post

😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by espaņablanco73 View Post

They may not be dirty, but O'kane is Irish, Roofe is of Jamaican heritage and has eligibility to play for Jamaica, Vieira was born in Guinea, Shaugnessy, Stokes and Lonergan are all Irish, so 50% of those you presumably are suggesting come from the UK, don't!

So 5 of the 20+ squad are from the UK, and how many will get regular 1st team appearances (given that there are "benchwarmers" in that list)?

I said that it was likely that we would field a 1st team with not one player from the UK, and I stand by that.
    Last edited by WTF11; 02-09-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Seriously ??? ****in 'ell, I think it's' a shame the whole squad weren't born within 30 miles of Elland Road, but this is 2017, not 1917........

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)