+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: so now we know our squad

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    No we don't
    Is this a comment about who plays for Leeds or who we have walking down streets? Bit confused WTF - this was your comment that i was referring to in mine - it seemed to move away from the discussion about who plays for Leeds - correct me if i'm wrong.

Which was the point of my query regarding how we as fans are different to the likes if those who go to Stamford, or the Etihad etc. We've always thought of ourselves as different (better), yes? Now, where they have led, we are now following, doesn't sit right, does it?
    If you actually go to ER you'd realise why our fans are different compared to the ones elsewhere. Would I rather cheer on Pontus Jansson, a foreigner who bleeds passion and love or Alex Bruce? Their heritage does not matter, it is the way the conduct themselves on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    If you actually go to ER you'd realise why our fans are different compared to the ones elsewhere. Would I rather cheer on Pontus Jansson, a foreigner who bleeds passion and love or Alex Bruce? Their heritage does not matter, it is the way the conduct themselves on the pitch.
    I go when I can Joel, and spend as much as most ST holders in a season even though I only get to a dozen or so home games, not sure why you think (?) otherwise.

In one of your other posts you question why I refer to the ethnicity/origin of some of our 1st team squad. Simple answer, just pointing out that we have very few who represent the majority of the population, recognising that we do indeed live in a multi-cultural society.

Passion is always to be welcomed in a player who puts on the white shirt, and as for conduct on the pitch, not disagreeing with you on that score either. Disagree on the heritage point, where we come from has to affect who we are and where we're going, no matter what walk of life.

Anyway, what will be will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Is this a comment about who plays for Leeds or who we have walking down streets? Bit confused WTF - this was your comment that i was referring to in mine - it seemed to move away from the discussion about who plays for Leeds - correct me if i'm wrong.
    No, it was a response to Bbs post saying we "just have to get used to it. "It", being the number of foreign players in the 1st team squad.

Quote - "Disagree on the heritage point, where we come from has to affect who we are and where we're going, no matter what walk of life."

Which heritage positively or negatively affects people and in which way, in your opinion WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Quote - "Disagree on the heritage point, where we come from has to affect who we are and where we're going, no matter what walk of life."

Which heritage positively or negatively affects people and in which way, in your opinion WTF?
    Heritage is heritage don't you think Jez? Decomposing (or trying to) isn't really possible, bit like trying to extract a particular part of your brain whilst leaving the rest unaffected, unlikely to be very successful! Same when you consider football, not possible to extract bits of what the club does and analyse separately to establish what has been good or bad (apart from anything else, "good or bad" is a matter of opinion, as we have seen in this thread). Obviously we won't know what heritage is left by the current owner, it's always a case of looking back at what happened, and we're not there yet.

Sorry if I'm not answering your question directly, I just don't think I (or anyone else) can (at least not without literally writing a book!)

Heritage is heritage don't you think Jez? Decomposing (or trying to) isn't really possible, bit like trying to extract a particular part of your brain whilst leaving the rest unaffected, unlikely to be very successful! Same when you consider football, not possible to extract bits of what the club does and analyse separately to establish what has been good or bad (apart from anything else, "good or bad" is a matter of opinion, as we have seen in this thread). Obviously we won't know what heritage is left by the current owner, it's always a case of looking back at what happened, and we're not there yet.

Sorry if I'm not answering your question directly, I just don't think I (or anyone else) can (at least not without literally writing a book!)
    So ..."bit like trying to extract a particular part of your brain whilst leaving the rest unaffected, unlikely to be very successful! " Have to Disagree....
    The bit of YOUR brain that tells you when to "leave it" or to "Not always have the last word" has either been removed successfully or wasn't there in the first place.

Similarly - "It's not possible to extract bits of what the club does and analyse separately to establish what has been good or bad" - This is what YOU do about EVERYTHING the club does.....apart from the "Good" bit that is.

As you are fond of telling others - you need to read some of your own posts before posting something so contradictory.

no doubt i've missed the point again or something similar will be winging it's way back within the hour!

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    So ..."bit like trying to extract a particular part of your brain whilst leaving the rest unaffected, unlikely to be very successful! " Have to Disagree....
    The bit of YOUR brain that tells you when to "leave it" or to "Not always have the last word" has either been removed successfully or wasn't there in the first place.

Similarly - "It's not possible to extract bits of what the club does and analyse separately to establish what has been good or bad" - This is what YOU do about EVERYTHING the club does.....apart from the "Good" bit that is.

As you are fond of telling others - you need to read some of your own posts before posting something so contradictory.

no doubt i've missed the point again or something similar will be winging it's way back within the hour!
    Selective quoting, not missing the point, just misconstruing it.

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh you can't help that," said the cat, "we're all mad here. I'm mad, your mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad" said Alice.
    "You must be" said the cat "or you wouldn't have come here."

quality George!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)