+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jonny Evans.

Jonny Evans.

How refreshing to witness the behaviour of Jonny Evans during all the speculation regarding his proposed move away from the Hawthorns. I get fed up with the petulant and selfish antics of so many players if they don't get their own way. Evans has acted in a dignified and professional manner in what must have been a difficult time, especially having to play in an important World Cup qualifying game on transfer deadline day. We are lucky to have an excellent player who is also such a level headed young man. Let's hope that he continues to be an Albion player for the foreseeable future.

A lot of these fellas have family and friends still living in relatively poor areas....and it keeps them level headed even if they are living in nicer surroundings now....
    I liked the story one poster put up here a while back about how they would often walk to games with some of our players back in the 70's...before the money came along.....
    Plus Johnny actually likes playing football....think he had a good game last night for the North...

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    How refreshing to witness the behaviour of Jonny Evans during all the speculation regarding his proposed move away from the Hawthorns. I get fed up with the petulant and selfish antics of so many players if they don't get their own way. Evans has acted in a dignified and professional manner in what must have been a difficult time, especially having to play in an important World Cup qualifying game on transfer deadline day. We are lucky to have an excellent player who is also such a level headed young man. Let's hope that he continues to be an Albion player for the foreseeable future.
    I must agree he acted in a very professional manner at a difficult time and I must congratulate him for that

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41135447
    looking forward to coming back home and captaining the side,for every true professional like jonny there are countless that are quite the opposite in todays grasping money go round prem.great to still have him at the club
    Last edited by WBA53; 02-09-2017 at 01:09 PM.

We need to try and get him to sign an improved contract even if it has a transfer price clause in it. you also need to give the club credit as the situation has obviously been handled in a very professional way by both parties.
    Last edited by saltnshake; 02-09-2017 at 01:08 PM.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...d=tmg_share_tw
    80G a week,not to be sniffed at but I think a bit of a smack in the face as the captain of our side with the abilitys hes got to play second fiddle to GK on earnings,hope he isn't riled by the offer but wouldn't blame him if he was

It says over 80k pw, which i assume is the wage on his current contract. Since Albion hold their cards very close to their chests on transfers and wages, i would think this is purely speculation by the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    A lot of these fellas have family and friends still living in relatively poor areas....and it keeps them level headed even if they are living in nicer surroundings now....
    I liked the story one poster put up here a while back about how they would often walk to games with some of our players back in the 70's...before the money came along.....
    Plus Johnny actually likes playing football....think he had a good game last night for the North...
    Back in the 70's Dub when Mick Martin signed for Albion he moved into a road on our estate in Stourbridge,a simple three bedroomed semi detached house.

Local kids used to knock on his door for autographs,my brother took a copy of Mick's full page picture from "SHOOT" and got it signed for me as I was too nervous to knock on his door.

Mick then enticed Batson into the same patch and then in the early 80's Peter Eastoe moved into the area as well.

Most players then were approachable,regular blokes.

The last one to live locally was Jason Koumas but he was totally different.....an absolute a r s e hole of a bloke.

Spent his afternoons and evening getting pissed at the Wychbury pub a 100 yards from his house at the top of Hagley and the rest of the time in local bookies.

Not a nice person according to locals who encountered him.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Back in the 70's Dub when Mick Martin signed for Albion he moved into a road on our estate in Stourbridge,a simple three bedroomed semi detached house.

Local kids used to knock on his door for autographs,my brother took a copy of Mick's full page picture from "SHOOT" and got it signed for me as I was too nervous to knock on his door.

Mick then enticed Batson into the same patch and then in the early 80's Peter Eastoe moved into the area as well.

Most players then were approachable,regular blokes.

The last one to live locally was Jason Koumas but he was totally different.....an absolute a r s e hole of a bloke.

Spent his afternoons and evening getting pissed at the Wychbury pub a 100 yards from his house at the top of Hagley and the rest of the time in local bookies.

Not a nice person according to locals who encountered him.
    Met Koumas outside the club shop on a none match day. I asked him to sign a photo for my lad.
    He was in the passenger seat of a car. I didn't have a pen luckily he had one. They opened the glove box and it was full of bookies pens. Either that or they had just robbed Argos of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The last one to live locally was Jason Koumas but he was totally different

Sounds okay to me Mick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)