+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we loyal or stupid supporters?

Are we loyal or stupid supporters?

For me im loyal I love my club I still get a buzz on match days love walking up to the stadium and when I put on my RUFC top I feel proud.

Then there's the overseas millers like frog cam ctmiller logging on to follow match day threads that's loyalty in my book.
    It's been said that supporters like me and millmoormagic e.g. Happy clappers are the reason why TS gets away with false promises because we just stick up for him without looking at the facts.
    Is that loyalty or stupid ?

Kempo constantly criticises the way the club is run which in some people's eyes is a lack of loyalty but his he showing loyalty by wanting change?

I had a discussion in pub with a couple of members on here last week who are both critical how the finances are been used at the moment and the lack of planning.
    In there eyes supporters like me are part of the problem we just accept what's happening no matter what.

I've had my run ins with some on here over the criticism of TS because for me he's done more for the club than anyone I can remember so I'm loyal to him it's that simple.

To me that's loyalty to others I'm blinkered and part of the problem.

3 points tomorrow 😊
    Last edited by CAMiller; 02-09-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Criticism of the club/TS where it is justified? Yes, but also praise where approprate too. Having followed the Millers with the Purshouses, Anton Johnson, Boothy, etc , in charge, I try to keep things in perspective. On my way to Pompey (I know it's a day early!), and I hope you are right about the last bit!

I will always be grateful to Tony for saving the club and building a very nice stadium but to go forwards requires investment in the tens of millions, and that is the problem with Tony he hasn't got the dosh.

I'm all for wanting change but change never comes in a blink of an eye and if you look back at the club history nothing ever changed until tony Stewart took over. Improvements are happening all the time but the change some people want is better players and with the current market and fair play rules, it's impossible to get these players to come. If we had a 20,000 seater it be different not just because of the money it would generate but a china man could pump money in without the club being banned from making transfers.

I think people are comparing the football of the past to today's football and forget about the stupid rules FA have put in place.

The only option this club has is work on youths and upgrade stadium to be able to compete as none of this will come together any time soon, we just have to wait for our time.

Come on you reds!!

I'm not a happy clapper, my prediction for tomorrow....10 nil to the millers!!!

UTHC...

Liked your post slim until I got to BUT...
    Didn't bother reading the rest

Not sure what I am but I'm having therapy for it.

Every Tuesday I go to a meeting, we sit in a circle and I say " my name is Grist and I'm a Miller"

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Liked your post slim until I got to BUT...
    Didn't bother reading the rest
    Not sure why you wouldn't bother reading it Cayton because Slimchance offers a balanced assessment of the situation.

Any post with but in I don't bother.
    It's like saying we played brilliant but still lost..
    I just read it and I was right you were wrong mellow
    It reads i appreciate what you did for us when we were in the sht now fkoff and let someone with cash come in

I'd like to but in but,.......

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast