+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Just a comment not a statement, I just think supporters on here and twitter should get off their backs for the constant criticism about lack of 'Wow' signings, team selection etc, I dread to think where we would be if the previous regime was still here,at the end of the day the table tells the story and I'm really not fussed how we get out of this league, but at the moment we are in a fairly healthy position.
    Another Nice result with our pension schemed front line.
    Nolan must be worried with this run of good results.
    We must think about sacking him if we keep winning.
    Fullerton !
    Sheridan!
    Where are you.
    Also please can we have our previous chairman back at the same time.
    These clowns ain't got a clue.
    So times have changed for the better.
    About time some people got off nolan and Hardys backs.
    Where would we be now eh!!!
    Went today.
    Sheite from both sides.
    "BUT"
    Vale 0 - Notts 1
    3 points
    Thankyou very much

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    The difference between a good team and a poor is that good teams 'use the ball' and the poor teams 'chase the ball' - sadly we do too much chasing at the moment. Just my opinion (thats if I am allowed to have one)
    Fortunately your and my opinion doesn't matter, it's Nolan's that does and the table doesn't lie regardless of which team is chasing the ball. Go on have a look at the table and enjoy it instead of trying to destroy it. 😉

Fortunately your and my opinion doesn't matter, it's Nolan's that does and the table doesn't lie regardless of which team is chasing the ball. Go on have a look at the table and enjoy it instead of trying to destroy it. 😉
    It lied when Derry was in charge.

The only truth is end of season positions and nobody has a crystal ball so performances are the best judge. By all accounts performances are OK but we may struggle against the better sides.

Here's hoping we are still in Top 7 at the end of the season. An encouraging points tally so far!

Playing poorly and winning only gets us so far. We have yet to play the better teams in this league. I'll enjoy the table, as you put it, but am wary of the next run of games.

Long ball to the front two geriatrics will only get us so far, the second goal against Accy shows what can be done bu fluid passing and quick movement. I would love to see more of that!

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Hmm, walk away from the club based on some NCM posts. You're taking drama queenery to new levels.

Excellent result today, Nolan certainly knows how to get the best out of these players.
    [QUOTE=uysapie;38642598]Playing poorly and winning only gets us so far. We have yet to play the better teams in this league. I'll enjoy the table, as you put it, but am wary of the next run of games.

Long ball to the front two geriatrics will only get us so far, the second goal against Accy shows what can be done bu fluid passing and quick movement. I would love
    Last edited by Steward; 02-09-2017 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    It lied when Derry was in charge.

The only truth is end of season positions and nobody has a crystal ball so performances are the best judge. By all accounts performances are OK but we may struggle against the better sides.

Here's hoping we are still in Top 7 at the end of the season. An encouraging points tally so far!
    Glass half empty but also quite realistic unfortunately.

Would love to be proved wrong and to stay in/around the top 7 but I'd guess we're currently in a bit of a false position.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Playing poorly and winning only gets us so far. We have yet to play the better teams in this league. I'll enjoy the table, as you put it, but am wary of the next run of games.

Long ball to the front two geriatrics will only get us so far, the second goal against Accy shows what can be done bu fluid passing and quick movement. I would love to see more of that!
    Geriatrics?

That is so disrespectful! Stead ran his *******s off yesterday and win his fair share of flick ons. Nolan embraced him after the game more than any other player.

Some Notts fans 🤔

Keldsyke and Macpie, have to say you're sounding a bit triunphalist . We're five games into the season, sooner or later bad performances, ( and one shot on target during 90 mins is not good ) turn into bad results.
    I've never seen us get promoted playing badly ,or relegated playing well over a season. I'm as delighted as any Notts fan at our excellent start, and hope that the results breed confidence and belief and that we start to play as we did against Accrington in patches during the second half.
    Can't shake the feeling that we aren't good enough to maintain a top seven position with that starting eleven and wish we had signed another mobile striker during the window Hough.

Some posters on here, most of whom don't attend games, make me puke. Yes, yesterday's game wasn't the prettiest, but record books will show that we won, but that doesn't suit the agenda of some. It seems some of you MUST find something to whinge about. If we were in the bottom 7 it would be the same "fans" spouting the usual crap, but, bugger me, we are in the top 7, so surely there must be summat to cry about, ah! I know, let's moan about "hoofball to the geriatrics up front", "false positions".

I'll take 3 points over playing "Just like Juve" anytime thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Keldsyke and Macpie, have to say you're sounding a bit triunphalist . We're five games into the season, sooner or later bad performances, ( and one shot on target during 90 mins is not good ) turn into bad results.
    I've never seen us get promoted playing badly ,or relegated playing well over a season. I'm as delighted as any Notts fan at our excellent start, and hope that the results breed confidence and belief and that we start to play as we did against Accrington in patches during the second half.
    Can't shake the feeling that we aren't good enough to maintain a top seven position with that starting eleven and wish we had signed another mobile striker during the window Hough.
    Can you tell me the lottery numbers for next week with your crystal ball?

Not one supporter knows where we will finish this season, instead of whinging get down the lane and help to keep the momentum going.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast