+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Some short memories on here. Curle was hounded out. And at the beginning of 2014/2015 season after 14 games Derry's side were sitting 4th.

Whether or not there is "free flowing" to come is debatable but developing a "convincing" style would be a comfort. We're short of that at the moment.
    Indeed some have very short memories & seem to have already forgotten that Curle & Derry were sacked by a completely different owner & also seem to forget the mess we were in when AH & KN took over. We are not perfect but with 2 home games to come we sit 1 point off automatic promotion After what most people were saying was a very difficult start to the season & although I realise that it's still very early days, surely we can find room for a bit of optimism & excitement? even the pessimists among us must concede that 10 points (only another 40 needed for safety) from the 1st 5 games aint bad.

Goal came catches Lewis as he. errrrr, nobs it into the net.

https://twitter.com/Official_NCFC/st...13043772858369

Being a relatively positive person I just can never understand the mind set of some of our supporters. They will NEVER be happy!
    Who knows where we will finish this season, lower leagues are a lottery!
    But FFS just look at the table and enjoy it.
    According to many this squad was relegation fodder, so after a good start now apparently the league table lies!
    Now apparently we will struggle against the better teams (who are they exactly.)
    Would the league table be lying if we were bottom? Course not!

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Indeed some have very short memories & seem to have already forgotten that Curle & Derry were sacked by a completely different owner & also seem to forget the mess we were in when AH & KN took over. We are not perfect but with 2 home games to come we sit 1 point off automatic promotion After what most people were saying was a very difficult start to the season & although I realise that it's still very early days, surely we can find room for a bit of optimism & excitement? even the pessimists among us must concede that 10 points (only another 40 needed for safety) from the 1st 5 games aint bad.
    Cautious optimism but not exuberance. It doesn't matter who the owner was the supporters turned on Curle's style of football despite the position we occupied. Derry wasn't sacked until the following season from the one that I cited.

Yes we have more points than I would have predicted, it's a good haul for this early stage of the season. A clean sheet too. Let's hope KN does find a way of improving the way this squad plays - he seems to think they have it in them and I'll be pleased if we are never near a relegation fight this season. But Derry's haul at the end of October 2014 prior to the Walsall game had everyone dreaming of having found the messiah and of championship football. He nearly got us relegated and then lost his job the season after after a dismal set of results.

But you know all this, you've been around longer than me.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Being a relatively positive person I just can never understand the mind set of some of our supporters. They will NEVER be happy!
    Who knows where we will finish this season, lower leagues are a lottery!
    But FFS just look at the table and enjoy it.
    According to many this squad was relegation fodder, so after a good start now apparently the league table lies!
    Now apparently we will struggle against the better teams (who are they exactly.)
    Would the league table be lying if we were bottom? Course not!
    Would the better teams include Wycombe, one of the teams sat above us, who we stuck four past on their own ground a couple of weeks ago?

A fine away performance yesterday. Restricted the home team to long range efforts and set pieces, defended well and took our clear cut chance when it came.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Cautious optimism but not exuberance. It doesn't matter who the owner was the supporters turned on Curle's style of football despite the position we occupied. Derry wasn't sacked until the following season from the one that I cited.

Yes we have more points than I would have predicted, it's a good haul for this early stage of the season. A clean sheet too. Let's hope KN does find a way of improving the way this squad plays - he seems to think they have it in them and I'll be pleased if we are never near a relegation fight this season. But Derry's haul at the end of October 2014 prior to the Walsall game had everyone dreaming of having found the messiah and of championship football. He nearly got us relegated and then lost his job the season after after a dismal set of results.

But you know all this, you've been around longer than me.
    Despite my username I am still a young un compared to many on here but I have been around long enough to know anything can happen in football, especially lower league football, AH may sell up to go into business with Ray Trew,KN could be poached to become the next Brazil manager or Duffy & Hollis could be headhunted by Barcelona to shore up their defence, we don't know so why not enjoy a bit of success while we can?

Out of curiosity, when was the last time a successful Notts side produced the free flowing, winning football that most on here seem to crave?

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    Out of curiosity, when was the last time a successful Notts side produced the free flowing, winning football that most on here seem to crave?
    2010, when we spent money we didn't have ( cheated )

The Curle team that just missed out on the play offs was pretty expansive. Not exactly successful, but it was the highest placed team we've had in the last 15-20 years.

I don't think anyone expects Nolan's side to be free flowing, especially away from home, but what I'm curious about is do people who went yesterday think it was a professional, clinical away victory which is likely to be regularly repeated for the rest of the season or a fairly spawny win against a poor side that could easily have gone the other way?

A bit more interesting (to me anyway) than moaning about moaners.

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    2010, when we spent money we didn't have ( cheated )
    We didn't spend that much. All investment based on borrowing is cheating really. Buying a house on a mortgage is cheating, if you believe you shouldn't spend money unless you already have it in your bank account. What Munto did is similar to what Ray Trew did, just they were better at it.

Anyway, I would say 1982. But I enjoyed Warnock's side, despite people saying it wasn't 'proper' football. Yes, people were moaning even back then, so why are some posters getting hysterical in their moaning about the moaners when no fecker is moaning anyway.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast