+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 goals 5 games

I'm not getting carried away. Chesterfield were appalling. The massive difference was that previously we have sunk to the level of poor sides: this time we powered through. Even after taking of three key players we were better - despite an initial hiccup.
    Every game is a test of the players Artell puts out there and they seem to be picking up the challenge, gradually. Grimsby, from all accounts I've read, was a reminder that any team in this division, at any time, can raise their game - just as we did last season, occasionally, but only just enough.
    I really am taking every game as it comes.

There should be no doubt that this is a much better side than last season's team - good signings and the younger players clearly much improved. However, I see the team as a work in progress, clearly moving in the right direction, but, as AlexLeicester rightly says, it is one game at a time for me. It is nice to be fourth in the table, but we were third for one week last season under SD before all of the wheels came off. Great work to date by DA/KL to turn things around, but I am not getting carried away (yet).

Let's see if we can unlock this defence. Will George turn up for the whole match? Will others join in the scoring now that the way has been shown? We wait with baited breath.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester View Post
    I'm not getting carried away. Chesterfield were appalling.

Don't you start, AL
    Maybe they were appalling because we made them look that way!?
    At least you refrained from quoting that other frustrating statement - "it's a poor league" - as if League 2 has exclusive ownership to that tag!!!

I am getting carried away, and I'm proud of it!
    Play-offs an absolute minimum if we are to call this season a success!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    Don't you start, AL
    Maybe they were appalling because we made them look that way!?
    At least you refrained from quoting that other frustrating statement - "it's a poor league" - as if League 2 has exclusive ownership to that tag!!!

I am getting carried away, and I'm proud of it!
    Play-offs an absolute minimum if we are to call this season a success!
    After last night's debacle I rest my portmanteau.

Lot's of work to be done and a few very big games coming up.

A bit reminiscent of last season with all the sideways and backward passing of the first half. What worries me most (and the reason for this topic) is the fact that Dagnall seems to be playing deeper and deeper. I suppose he thinks that's the only way to get the ball as 'that gap' between midfield and the forwards made its reappearance last night. And why did Walker loop that ball over near the end when he could have hit it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12