+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Now is the time to get a few extra into Palmerston

Now is the time to get a few extra into Palmerston

Keeping feet firmly on the ground but there are signs we are getting a very useful squad ( not just team) together. There are those within the town who would never support us even if we won 5-0 every week so Im not too concerned about trying to entice them along Terregles Street. We need somehow to reconnect with those who have stopped coming to watch us. I know this is a low wage area , people work weekends and some are even still miffed by the rangers vote decision taken by the Board ( talk about holding a grudge ?) . All these reasons seem to be real enough but the team and Gary Naysmith deserve more to back them because they are doing us proud . There is talk doing the rounds of possibly a committee of dedicated Qos fans doing the SLO job with new ideas but we will have to see what transpires. We all love this club and wouldn't it be great to add two hundred , three hundred and climbing on the gate . Extra cash helping the club with our FT status and Naysmith when he needs to strengthen.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 02-09-2017 at 04:42 PM.

I agree fully with your thoughts and with the team doing their part on the pitch you would think more would come along just to see what is happening with the club. We will see but at times I do despair with the Dumfries public and the general level of apathy around currently possible due to other distractions many of which appear electronic in nature. The team certainly cannot be faulted with their level of performance currently and if it continues word will slowly spread and interest will hopefully pick.

Dumfries is on its knees. Many folk would love to support Queens but simply can't afford it. Not blaming the club; it's just a sign of the times.

well i recently began asking all the people i know that used to come along to palmy every home game what it would take to get them coming back and it ranged from ticket prices to the rules and regulations ,stewarding ,policing ,you name it the excuses were there ,altho most were in the ticket price camp ,no chance to get any of them going along to watch queens at 16 quid ,most would only pay 5 quid at most .so i dont know what it would take to get them back .as i cant see queens dropping prices and reviewing rules and reviewing stewarding and policing to meet the fans wishes .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    well i recently began asking all the people i know that used to come along to palmy every home game what it would take to get them coming back and it ranged from ticket prices to the rules and regulations ,stewarding ,policing ,you name it the excuses were there ,altho most were in the ticket price camp ,no chance to get any of them going along to watch queens at 16 quid ,most would only pay 5 quid at most .so i dont know what it would take to get them back .as i cant see queens dropping prices and reviewing rules and reviewing stewarding and policing to meet the fans wishes .

Sounds to me your friends are making any excuse possible not to attend . The pricing at Palmerston is absolutely spot on if you ask me . Let's not forgot we're a full time club and have full time wages to pay . It's their loss really . After a slow start the manager has proved many supporters wrong in recent weeks . 4 goals against Airdrieonians , Brechin & Falkirk and 5 against Berwick at the weekend

Stop making excuses and get along and support your local professional football club

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Sounds to me your friends are making any excuse possible not to attend . The pricing at Palmerston is absolutely spot on if you ask me . Let's not forgot we're a full time club and have full time wages to pay . It's their loss really . After a slow start the manager has proved many supporters wrong in recent weeks . 4 goals against Airdrieonians , Brechin & Falkirk and 5 against Berwick at the weekend

Stop making excuses and get along and support your local professional football club
    Good shout ARROL - THINKS ARE LOOKING BRIGHT WITH A 30% INCREASE IN TRAFFICE ON HERE

Queens can't possibly be any cheaper. The price has been frozen for a few years and it's the cheapest in the league. We , as fans, can continue to generate interest be talking Queens and making the Mad site as varied and interesting as possible. Things are looking up lads but I really think Mr Hewittson and Blount could do with a financial boost to keep us full time and that can only mean more through the turnstiles.

For as long as I can remember,Queens have a run of form and the floaters suddenly decide to come.(More usually though they turn up when Queens draw a supposedly "big" club in the cups)The vast majority of times the performance they watch has been abysmal,with the floaters put off from attending even more than ever.Consistency is the key.Should Queens continue with this enjoyable attacking style of football,I would like to think that they could attract more through the gates.Let's wait and see.Ultimately it's up to Queens to keep entertaining and more importantly winning.

For today,read my earlier post.What appears to be the best home support this season is being treated to a(not very good performance)Nowt much more to be said really.

I rest my case!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)