+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September

September

Some huge games coming up for Rovers this Month. Rochdale, s****horpe, Wombles, Shrewsbury, Rotherham and Gillingham. Where do you think Rovers will be sitting after the visit of these giants of football? No league cup fixtures to get in the way now so should be a clear run up the table.

Quote Originally Posted by NZClaret View Post
    Some huge games coming up for Rovers this Month. Rochdale, s****horpe, Wombles, Shrewsbury, Rotherham and Gillingham. Where do you think Rovers will be sitting after the visit of these giants of football? No league cup fixtures to get in the way now so should be a clear run up the table.
    Sheer guesswork, of course, but I'll give it a go (the points are for Rovers):
    Rochdale (A) - 3pts.
    S*unthorpe (A) - 0pts.
    Wimbledon (H) - 3pts.
    Shrewsbury (A) - 0pts.
    Rotherham (H) - 1pt.
    Gillingham (H) - 3pts.

That's ten points out of 18. I would expect that to put us in about eighth place on October 2nd.

You seem to have got rid of the early season jitters so I would expect you to get 12 or 13 points from that lot, so long as you don't get too many injuries.

Not sure if it was a wind up but I will agree on 12-13 points and will start off with a struggling point against Rochdale then hopefully we will select something near top gear.

Sorry but there's not a single game at this level where a point is fine, even away. I expect to aim to win every game. I know that's unrealistic, but that has to be the target.

Quote Originally Posted by NZClaret View Post
    You seem to have got rid of the early season jitters so I would expect you to get 12 or 13 points from that lot, so long as you don't get too many injuries.
    So this is one of my two previous postings on this site which was in September. Tell me, how can I be classed as taking the p.ss? My other posting was to Auckland Rover or someone about the NZ election. I have not gone with the rambling crap that ***o posts on the Clarets site.

Fair enough. I may have over-reacted on the other thread. I have been affected by being driven to tears of boredom on the Telegraph site, where predictions of Rovers going out of the League are ten-a-penny.

As I have said if you can add something to the forum like this thread great
    I just don't want the site flooded with repetitive nonsense from rival fans
    I apologise NZ claret you have shown you can add something.

That's more like it gents, phew!
    I had a great fear that this forum was about to nosedive into the deplorable depths of that Telegraph that simply defies credible description.
    I actually think the call for banning certain ones was basically giving them a winning hand. As, (for me) if any posting comes across as 'beyond the pale' and far removed from banter it just simply needs to be ignored. From there, if the individual persists ( loading up the thread with his 'own' repeated agenda), then he is removed.
    As said, if we can cease with this 'history jousting' and just discuss/debate/banter over current events that would be great��
    So for this weekend (just gone) - didn't we do great against the mighty Cod's. Onward and upward.
    As for our friends down the M65 - oh dear! Seen off by the 'minnows' of Mancs Chester. An into downward mobility.

Never mind eh, there's always next week where fortunes may possibly reverse.

No disrespect intended (you're actually doin well ��).

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    As I have said if you can add something to the forum like this thread great
    I just don't want the site flooded with repetitive nonsense from rival fans
    I apologise NZ claret you have shown you can add something.
    Yeah, fair play. I hold my hands up too. If you are normal, and add something, you are more than welcome to post.
    It's interesting the other one who showed up. He chose to be the cretin he is, instead of being a normal person. I really don't get all this hatred. Banter is great, the other stuff coming out of that kids mouth was pathetic. I was pretty shocked when I opened this thread.
    It's not much to ask for though is it? Can you have a conversation about football, without hateful bile coming out of your mouth? I mean we are coming to something when you have to be asked to be normal. If your wondering why we react this way, it's because we have had so many Burnley fans do that over the years. Like that prick who turned up the other day. Usually far worse. You got tarred with that brush. Once one arrives, more follow. If you dislike Saxo being on, then speak to him personally. Why come on and be a prick with us? Banter is fine? Being a prick is being a prick. Your posts last week, looked bitter and pathetic. The ones further back aren't too bad.
    The way you talk about us is with pure hatred and disdain. Which makes me wonder why on earth your wanting to chat with us? But if your ok, then fine post away. As for the pure hate? You do realise it's just a game. I hate cancer that took family members. I dint hate Burnley. I just think calm it down a bit .....
    Last edited by champs95; 21-01-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)