+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: September

September

Some huge games coming up for Rovers this Month. Rochdale, s****horpe, Wombles, Shrewsbury, Rotherham and Gillingham. Where do you think Rovers will be sitting after the visit of these giants of football? No league cup fixtures to get in the way now so should be a clear run up the table.

Quote Originally Posted by NZClaret View Post
    Some huge games coming up for Rovers this Month. Rochdale, s****horpe, Wombles, Shrewsbury, Rotherham and Gillingham. Where do you think Rovers will be sitting after the visit of these giants of football? No league cup fixtures to get in the way now so should be a clear run up the table.
    Sheer guesswork, of course, but I'll give it a go (the points are for Rovers):
    Rochdale (A) - 3pts.
    S*unthorpe (A) - 0pts.
    Wimbledon (H) - 3pts.
    Shrewsbury (A) - 0pts.
    Rotherham (H) - 1pt.
    Gillingham (H) - 3pts.

That's ten points out of 18. I would expect that to put us in about eighth place on October 2nd.

You seem to have got rid of the early season jitters so I would expect you to get 12 or 13 points from that lot, so long as you don't get too many injuries.

Not sure if it was a wind up but I will agree on 12-13 points and will start off with a struggling point against Rochdale then hopefully we will select something near top gear.

Sorry but there's not a single game at this level where a point is fine, even away. I expect to aim to win every game. I know that's unrealistic, but that has to be the target.