+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hate the intnl breaks

Hate the intnl breaks

International breaks suck. Does anyone even care about qualifying rounds anymore? All I can do is wait for the league to start up again and wonder which two of our players will come back injured?

Yep boring. Started watching England Friday and fell asleep after about 15 minutes!
    Just as we got a head of steam we have to stop for 2 weeks, can't see why England can't just play midweek ?

After week 7 fixtures on 30th September there is another 2 week break until 14th October.

I couldn’t agree more folks. I spent years following England away, from Spain 82 through to the mid 90s, never missed a tournament. Don’t watch em now, unless it’s on in the pub, which is very rare over here in ABE-land (Anyone-But-England).
    Strictly Villa now, no other matches on Sky etc for me, the young Villan watches em all though, from all over europe.
    Just don’t understand why we have to have the break at all, should be the price clubs pay for buying up all the international players. Clubs would have to have squads that don’t have 23 internationals’.
    Bring back the domestic leagues, ASAP.

This is probably the first break I haven't traded players in my fantasy team.
    Woo Hoo well done me.

Yep very boring these weekends.

Yep - play league games on a Saturday at 3pm then straight off to the international training venues for Wednesday's game, back into clubs Thursday lunchtime latest for recovery work ahead of the weekend. Simples!

The England thing I think appeals to a lot of 3rd and 4th tier fans, the FA need big Wembley crowds to pay the debt on the stadium too.

Guess it's just me who ain't bothered ? Frustrating as they are I still watch England with a passion..

Must be Dazzy.

I sat and watched the full match on tuesday (probably guilt induced after my rather unpatriotic post), and whilst I was pleased that England won, I just didn’t have the same buzz that I did in years gone by. Same sh1t from an English blazer appointment, this one even more bizarre due to managerial experience.
    If I had the choice of England v Slovakia or Villa v Brentford, I’d choose the Villa everytime. I think many more would choose their club side over national teams now. Maybe why they chose to have the break, just like champions League banning top flight matches at the same time as their matches, i.e. it would hammer the viewing figures and match attendances for International and Champs league.
    I will cheer England on in the summer, with a certain degree of passion, no doubt. However it will probably be mainly cos the Villa aren’t playing on the same day.

In no way is this post intended as a slight on International football fans, as I know from experience the lift in self esteem and pride that it can bring, until the penalty shootout that is (or feckin Iceland).

Exiled I just can't help myself.. after every tournament I say that's it.. no more but then a friendly pops up and I'm there again ! Lol

Glutten for punishment I guess..

I thought to come from a goal down on Monday n win showed we've got that in us and rashford is just an absolute star in the making..

I don't get carried away with us anymore just can't help but watch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)