+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitrovic

Mitrovic

Worth a mention whilst I'm here...

It seems a lot of people (and from an outside perspective)including our manager don't rate Mitrovic. Regarding Benitez I think it's simply down to his inexperience- he's trying to see him improve regularly in training so he's consistent enough to be trusted playing regularly in the first team, there's no doubt he knows all about his ability because he sees him everyday in training.

Now I see ALL the points of why this is but I really rate this lad and look at it from a different view and the lad is a lot better than many are believing him to be tbh.

I'll list points so I don't need to ramble on with **** so that doubters can maybe get a slightly different perspective.

He's only 22.

He scored more goals than Lukaku in less games for Anderlecht... Many rated Lukaku as an immense talent and he's now a £90m striker...

He's been pretty prolific this year regarding minutes to goals ratio- without having the numbers at hand - it's something like he scores a goal in less than 80 minutes.

He's scoring regularly for Serbia at international level.

Although he's only scored 14 goals in 60 games, a lot of them have been sub appearances and/or been playing in **** teams. At 21 he scored 9 goals and we were dreadful for most of the season we went down.

His goals have been important at times and against the big teams... Anyone remember his penalty in our draw with Manpoo? Tottenham equaliser? The scum?

This shows that he can perform against the best/under pressure- A certain Ibrahimovic can look like ****e against lesser teams/when he's not on it....

He has good technical ability and is strong.

He came to us for around £13m- that's a big outlay for fat Mike, Carr must have really rated him and I know he's got it wrong sometimes, but when he got it right they were players. And I think Mitrovic is one of them.

Big clubs were sniffing round him, including Mourinho to an extent, he chose to come to us because we are the club he's supported since a kid.

His discipline is pretty ****e at times granted but I seriously think if we let him go to get a "better player with the money" I think we'd be letting go a Jon dahl-tomasson, Rossi etc, I think he's got the ability and character to get to the very top, seriously.

If he's given the opportunity, he'll score regularly.

Don't write him off yet, same with all the other lads, give them an opportunity to show their worth in the prem this season, forget about the players we haven't got man.

He is a class striker he just needs to be played first choice striker rather then always being left on the bench. He is firing Serbia to the world cup and plays great for them because his Manager has total faith in him and plays him every game Plus he has Dusan Tadic alongside him someone we should have signed instead of Murphy, he has a 14m release clause.

You can't have a main striker who keeps getting suspended. Making him main striker isn't going to change his temperament. Every time he plays Rafa would be worried, with good reason, that the team might be reduced to ten men.

He was fine last season he hardly picked up any bookings so he can do it

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    He was fine last season he hardly picked up any bookings so he can do it
    How much did he play?

I know he played 25 games but how many of those were starts or games that he played more than 20 mins for example.

With the hatchet men in the championship he could have been sent off numerous times but he wasnt.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    With the hatchet men in the championship he could have been sent off numerous times but he wasnt.
    Doesn't answer the question but a very valid point.

Scored yet again for Serbia yesterday not bad for a poor striker

I saw, well taken goal to be fair.

I don't reckon he's a poor striker, just his anger problems hurts us a lot.

Well after his first season and 2 red cards he has certainly calmed down and thats a good sign lets hope the west ham incident is a one off

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)